s.94 contributions Hornsby Shire Council

I would like to know if anyone here has built a granny flat in the Hornsby Shire council area and whether any attempt was made to charge you a s.94 contribution. I have looked at the s.94 explained thread. Forewarned is forearmed!

I am building one for my disabled daughter who currently lives with us. Given s.94 is meant to provide services for extra people, I can't see how they could charge us.

I would like to know if anyone here has built a granny flat in the Hornsby Shire council area and whether any attempt was made to charge you a s.94 contribution. I have looked at the s.94 explained thread. Forewarned is forearmed!

I am building one for my disabled daughter who currently lives with us. Given s.94 is meant to provide services for extra people, I can't see how they could charge us.

Do a few searches under Hornsby and see what comes up, from memory only
a few months ago it was mentioned about how someone got out of paying
the contribution fee, Im in the area and on my walks see the DA signs for
granny flats stuck on the front fences and they seem to be everywhere.

Thanks. I have googled heaps. I have even considered writing to those that have had them approved in the area but felt that may be a bit weird from their point of view.

Im in the area and on my walks see the DA signs for
granny flats stuck on the front fences and they seem to be everywhere.

Makes you wonder how much longer the granny flat building boom will last. Seem to be everywhere!

Interestingly, I was talking with my PM in the Penrith area the other week and she commented that 1br GF's are getting harder to shift these days due to the number being built and put on the market for lease and also the rental asking prices of some owners of 250+ per week are getting too close to a 2br unit.

She did say the 2br GF's are very popular and are snapped up very quickly, popular with the divorcee market who need a second bedroom for kids on the weekend but dont want to live in a unit.

Makes you wonder how much longer the granny flat building boom will last. Seem to be everywhere!

Interestingly, I was talking with my PM in the Penrith area the other week and she commented that 1br GF's are getting harder to shift these days due to the number being built and put on the market for lease and also the rental asking prices of some owners of 250+ per week are getting too close to a 2br unit.

She did say the 2br GF's are very popular and are snapped up very quickly, popular with the divorcee market who need a second bedroom for kids on the weekend but dont want to live in a unit.

Was talking to a bloke at work who has just built a 2 bedder in his inlaws
backyard at Marsfield for him, his wife and kid, they can't afford to purchase.
So might be another option for future generations who don't have a million
to build or buy.
Future cheap day care with the oldies as well.

I found out that Hornsby Council is not charging s94 for those approved under complying development but is for those with DA. Our certifier said that is likely to change when the new local environment plan comes in next year.

Back