Sacrifices

Howdy

Just wonder what sort of sacrifices people have made to keep their property dream chugging along.
I'll add Motorbike and Wakeboard Boat to the list of things that I probably should never have bought in the first place, but gave up.

Cheers

For me, losing my license for 15 months has been a small blessing in this regard - some sacrifices have been forced on me. Its heavily restricted how much I go out and its also reduced how much junk I buy (because its difficult to carry home on public transport).

In actual fact its been horribly painful, but I try to find silver linings.

For me, losing my license for 15 months has been a small blessing in this regard - some sacrifices have been forced on me. Its heavily restricted how much I go out and its also reduced how much junk I buy (because its difficult to carry home on public transport).

In actual fact its been horribly painful, but I try to find silver linings.

If you've lost it, you should be able to replace it easily enough, I think its form DL-26 :D

Not enough for a long time but now, just thinking twice before buying, well anything really. My car really doesn't suit our purposes but having done the numbers hanging on to it for now is the best option, other than the dining suite & a couple of inherited pieces every stick of furniture in this house is somewhere between slightly & almost completely worn out & due for replacement. Recently changed discretionary spending habits & saving $350 pm +, trip to the US next year canned.

Time.

Sometimes we are so busy, I just miss being bored :)

I'll go with this one ... fondly remember 10 years ago, when the weather was filthy outside - sitting down to spend the day watching a movie marathon ... or reading a home/garden design mag.

Now, even the mag takes me around 2-4 weeks to get through and can't remember the last time I read a newspaper cover to cover

I'll go with this one ... fondly remember 10 years ago, when the weather was filthy outside - sitting down to spend the day watching a movie marathon ... or reading a home/garden design mag.

Now, even the mag takes me around 2-4 weeks to get through and can't remember the last time I read a newspaper cover to cover

countdown is on...3 weeks from tomorrow, we're on vacation for the next 7.5 months

Gave up drinking to make up the difference in cash flow for latest property, good thing is I feel better for it, don't miss it at all and the property has performed really well.

I gave up living near the beach. While suburbia is nice for the kids and much more conducive to family living with nice big backyards I miss walking to the beach or just sitting and watching the waves.

Back