Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 vs Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250

Sim

Administrator
Has anyone directly compared these two phones?

Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 seems to be very well regarded - excellent reviews and I've had several personal recommendations.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250 is a bit larger, specs seem better in some areas, not quite as good in others. It does run Ice Cream Sandwich now, which is a bonus - I've heard good things about it so far (will have to wait for upgrades for the S2).

I'm looking to replace a Nokia N900, powerful little phone, love the physical keyboard, but UI sucks and no apps available.

No, an iPhone is not an option.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Samsung phones?

I love the Galaxy SII.

Looking at the specs my perception is the Nexus appears to be more focused on being a social hub whilst the Galaxy appears to be more of a workhorse.

My physical exposure to the Nexus is limited so that's my perception, not necessarily fact. I can't comment on the Nokia at all.

Yes, stay away from iphone. That itunes is a pain in the butt. I am looking at moving over to samsung as I have the galaxy 10.1 and it is excellent.

Terry, aside from the 'cool' factor, what do you use the tablet for?

I've been tempted to purchase one, but the Galaxy Tab appears to be little more than a bigger screen and a bit more power to the smartphones. I'm having trouble seeing the point.

I've been tempted to purchase one, but the Galaxy Tab appears to be little more than a bigger screen and a bit more power to the smartphones. I'm having trouble seeing the point.

The other day I was in the Federal Court with the barrister fumbling through his papers looking for a section of the Migration Act and I was able to get online (free access to internet in the courts) and find it for him.

I mainly got it for the ebooks though. I have a few books in PDF form and can read them on the computer easily, but its great to have them on the tab to read when out, waiting for court or on a plane etc.

Also it takes high quality videos. And it is good for watching movies. Sometimes I take it to the kitchen and watch Ted talks while cooking - or even look up recipies in the kitchen while cooing - I didn't know boling an egg was so simple.

Just imagine a company you can take anywhere.

I didn't know boling an egg was so simple.

Who would have thought?

I use my phone for reading e-books. The small screen doesn't bother me. I've also gotten into audio books recently and I listen in the car or when walking the dogs. Email on the phone is fine too.

I occassionally browse a few websites, but not often. The software I use in my business isn't web enabled yet so until it's visible via a browser a table probably wouldn't change my world.

I think my business software will be migrated to a brower platform in about 12 months. A new generation of tablets will be available by then :)

Does that come in a 'footlong' Geoff?

No, I haven't seen any footlong pigeons. Just six inches.

Sim I was interested why the iPhone was not a consideration. I'm wondering about a tablet- and although I do like my iPhone there are problems- and I'm wondering about what are the things that the others do better

Recently made the same change n900 to sgs2. Worlds apart. Thought I would miss the physical keyboard, but a week with onscreen and I was convinced.

Havent tried the other Samsung though, but dump the n900 asap ;)

I've got an S1 (i9003) and pretty happy with it.. was going to get the S2 but couldn't justify the extra $250 for the improved specs (i think a 1.4 GHz vs 1GHz and LED screen vs LCD). I'm holding out for the S3 which will apparently be released in early-mid 2012.

I had an iPhone before and wouldn't touch them again even though they're well built compared to the Samsung's which feel a bit plasticy. For me the perfect smartphone would be an iPhone running Android. The Nexus is bordering on a tablet with phone function so i'd get the S3 and a Galaxy tablet 10.1 to cover all bases.

I'm in the same boat. I have a 10.1 inch netbook and Galaxy S2. I have been trying to justify buying a tablet. I can anything that a tablet does on my netbook, and much more, although it is much heavier than a tablet. Does the extra weight justify buying a tablet?

I have an iphone and Galaxy S2 which me and my juggle. I am currently using S2 and wife has the iphone. I prefer S2 but miss podcasts / vodcasts and ipod dock features of iphone.

I have the SGS2 and like it. I also have a generic Android tablet, runs 2.3. It is great for legislation etc as for PDF's it is one to a page. I also bought a case with a USB keyboard which is handy for long typing sessions when you are out. I prefer the tablet to a netbook (which my wife has) as the ability to walk around and read is nice, I also find it feels less intrusive when using it with clients, as when they are sitting opposite you, you can have it flat on the desk.

D

Back