Sarah Beeney's own country house renovation

Just wanted to remind anybody who has Foxtel/Optus the Sarah Beeney's own country house with 93 or so rooms is being renovated by her and the show will start towards the end of May..... just in case you have missed the adverts.

I think it is three shows.

I am really looking forward to it.

I down loaded this and watched it about four months ago. It is brilliant but it will be interesting to see the comments about the compromises she has to make. But no more spoilers :D

I want to see her go in and say "I can renovate this with 20,000 pounds", then tell herself that its a 1 million pound job, then reply to herself saying she will prove herself wrong and that she is confident she can do it and no expert knows better.

Things will go horribly wronig and the budget will quintuple.

She will then borrow money from her parents and friends and finally get it done after 3 refinances, with a total cost of 1 million pounds. She will then tell herself "I told myself so".

Its like an episode of Property Ladder, starring herself and with her playing all the parts :) Property Ladder - Country House Multiple Personality Disorder Special.

I am really looking forward to it because she talks such good sense to those undertaking renovations, generally who don't listen, and make a right mess of things, sometimes coming out okay, other times not.

I'm curious to know if she follows her own guidelines or treats this renovation differently because she is "too close" and because it is her own, could be blinded to common sense.

I really like her style and I cannot wait to see how she tackles her own renovation.

Couldn't agree more. Would strongly recommend her Property Ladder book for novice investor/renovators also. When you see how much renovators courses can cost, buying that book is the best value you will ever get.

Its not so much the technical advice so much as learning how she thinks through each and every aspect, with the obvious biggies being to have a commercial mindset, not to over capitalise and renovating with your end market in mind.

There are many good Australian property investor books, but as far as books on renovation this is absolutely at the top of my list. Personally I can honestly say that book has saved me 000's.

Must say we haven't read her book, but will be watching to see what is "missed" or "glossed over" as with most Renovation shows :)

I just downloaded it from *URL deleted*

I just watched the first part and all I can say is..woooooooaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited by a moderator:
I do enjoy her shows - there are different scenarios and different properties.

another one would be flipping out. Better than going to couple hours seminars.

Back