Satellite approved by landlord..but what about BC?

Hi,

I have just had written into a rental contract (townhouse) that I can have a satellite dish installed (foxtel). The contract was signed by the landlord. However, I do not have body corporate approval (and I'm guessing nor does the landlord).

Does anyone know where I stand legally?

Thanks

You do need to have it in writing from the Body Corporate because it will be mounted onto common building structure.

I concur with this based on actually happening a few months ago.
Tenants moved in and I had to give written approval as landlord which is then subject to BC approval.
;)
Ross

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I may well not bother as it seems to much of a hassle.

Maybe it's not that much hassle? I don't know how the BC system works over there, but here, there are sometimes special resolutions for things like this. I normally just call the strata manager and they advise what the policy is in terms of TV antennas etc. They don't want to have get approval from all owners each time someone wants a recurring item like this.
Worth a phone call, at least.
Soem of the groups where I own units have resolution in place for things like antennas, air conditioning units, pets etc etc.

Back