Scalding Hot Milk

Took the kids into The Coffee Club whilst looking through the shops and ordered a capacino for myself and a Babycino for the kids as it keeps them entertained whilst they scoop out the milk froth with a spoon and eat the marshmellows

Usually an enjoyable time, however its the first time at a new Coffee Club shop that had just opened

Anyhow, #1 scalded herself as there was boiling milk beneath the froth and telling #2 not to drink it, just resulted in her trying it. Great - Now two kids crying over boiling hot (not spilled) milk

I tried it myself and it burnt my tongue also, way too hot for me

Complaints to staff did result in a sorry, which did nothing to lessen my anger

...lesson to self and others, test it yourself before passing onto the kids as you never know what type of idiot may serve you (insert angry face) :mad:

That's really bad :eek: They are supposed to be spooning out the froth from the top, not lazily simply pouring it in, which is much quicker but lets the hot milk slide in under the froth :mad:

Thanks for the warning, but I think i'll check for hot milk, by pressing the top of a finger under the babycino for a few seconds. The area just under the fingernail is sensitive and great for detecting hot temperatures.

I hope they gave you some cold drinks from the fridge asap to cool your kids mouths. I'd be so pissed at them for burning my kids mouths, that I'd probably put my hot cappuccino into the face of whoever was responsible :mad:

I had the opposite problem yesterday.

One of my work friends and I went to one of our local coffee shops and got a large Cap each. They were not even luke warm. Needed to nuke them at work for about 40secs.

I know not dangerous like hot milk but still annoying when youve spent 4 bucks on it.

It seems to be about half the coffees I buy now have the milk too hot. I wish they would just get it right and not burn everything!!!

That's cause you all mess around with too much milk in your coffees :D

Not you WASP, I'd have asked them person what they were thinking, did they offer you a free drink ?

I had the opposite problem yesterday.

One of my work friends and I went to one of our local coffee shops and got a large Cap each. They were not even luke warm. Needed to nuke them at work for about 40secs.

I know not dangerous like hot milk but still annoying when youve spent 4 bucks on it.

Yep my pet hate is a luke warm hot chocolate. It's called a HOT chocolate for a reason!

You'd never believe how often I need say in my order that I want a 'hot' hot chocolate.

Back