Seaford - what do you think

Looking at purchasing a property in Seaford

have my eye on one in particular house in Hadley St Seaford 3 bed, brand new kitchen and Bath, Granny flat and double garage for 400k what are your thoughts on this particular area of Seaford for a long time investment ?

Help please ??

Thank you

Arguably the worst part of Seaford, with Frankston North across the road. Personally, I'd avoid. You really want to be beach side of the Frankston Freeway.

Arguably the worst part of Seaford, with Frankston North across the road. Personally, I'd avoid. You really want to be beach side of the Frankston Freeway.

I would agree with simtr's comments but I'd also take the opposite view.

Beach Side of frankston freeway sure makes total sense. However how long can 1 side of the freeway make gains in isolation of the other side?
Seaford beach side of the freeway is quite expensive and over time it will just continue to become more expensive because its right on the beach.

But then again thats the same line of argument used to explain that Frankston will boom one day.

So I agree with simtr with some slight adjustments. If you're taking the long term 10 year view then I doubt its a problem and is likely a decent deal.
If you're taking a shorter term 5 years view then perhaps not.

Sadly, the beach side of Seaford will cost a bomb. Beachside might be great for a PPOR but the capital gain prospects may be no better than the general market as it is no longer as cheap as what it once was.

To the OP: maybe you can use the location as leverage to obtain a lower price?

For comparisons, go here: http://house.ksou.cn/p.php?q=Seaford,+VIC

Another thing to remember: if it is on a subdivisible block, it may have better capital gain prospects if you get it cheaply enough.

Random question as I honestly don't know the answer but how the hell does a CHINESE site "ksou.cn" have a lot of really decent information on australian real estate?

That website is often a lot better than our own ones. Always struck me as bizzare.

I would agree with simtr's comments but I'd also take the opposite view.

Beach Side of frankston freeway sure makes total sense. However how long can 1 side of the freeway make gains in isolation of the other side?
Seaford beach side of the freeway is quite expensive and over time it will just continue to become more expensive because its right on the beach.

But then again thats the same line of argument used to explain that Frankston will boom one day.

So I agree with simtr with some slight adjustments. If you're taking the long term 10 year view then I doubt its a problem and is likely a decent deal.
If you're taking a shorter term 5 years view then perhaps not.

If the location wasn't important in property, then why wouldn't you just walk the 200m across Frankston-Dandy Rd and buy the same type of property in Frankston North for 140k cheaper?

Please seriously reconsider this one. I personally have lived in Seaford for 20 years now admittedly I am lucky and am beachside I love it. This property you are looking at is opposite the Pines Frankston North that will never change. The price you are looking at paying for this property could buy you into a better position in neighbouring suburbs with better long term gain

If the location wasn't important in property, then why wouldn't you just walk the 200m across Frankston-Dandy Rd and buy the same type of property in Frankston North for 140k cheaper?

Because its *Frankston* ;-)

Waiting for Grand_Dad to make an appearance now.

Even though I do think that in the long run its hard to argue a bayside suburb like frankston won't do well (all the others have)

Random question as I honestly don't know the answer but how the hell does a CHINESE site "ksou.cn" have a lot of really decent information on australian real estate?

That website is often a lot better than our own ones. Always struck me as bizzare.

Its hosted in China for legal reasons. A numb3er of independent sites have been sued in the past few years.....there was a great site that provided information about how good/bad agents were - they got sued and the site became defunct.

The site would provide innocuous information like how many houses agents in a particular suburb had sold and the prices achieved. You could use the site to determine who was a good buy-side or sell-side agent.

Yes they got sued for defamation by agents who felt put down by the site.

Seaford has already moved in the last 18 months, is there more to go, well maybe..

Correct

It's moved heaps

400k would of got you a nice place beachside back then

However if you wait for the right deal and and prepared for a bit of hard work I still think 400 beachside is achievable

Back