Secured Debt at young age!

My wife and I are in the same age category as you mentioned. I'm on an 'ok' wage and she's well below what you'd call average. Looking to purchase our 6th property soon- we weren't planning on doing anything for a while as our debt levels are getting a bit uncomfortable for the wife but this one sort of fell into my lap.
I'm of the opinion 'go hard early' as others have said. Time is on my side

Hados,

I think you are doing well.

can you share some more info?? i am sure lot of other new investors would be happy to learn thing or two.

I'm 25 , I borrowed a lot less than my yearly annual income. Went in at 80% LVR, Renovated and refinanced at 90% LVR for American Endeavours.

Would I borrow my maximum capacity? Unlikely, unless I was developing, and knew I could make the numbers work.

Time and time again I have seen close friends of similar age, and borrow up to the nose to live in a nice place. But at the end of the day its their choice.

(EDIT:) Just on frugality, I may of well overcooked it.... I am technically homeless (I do live on a FIFO mining camp 3 weeks of the month) and live out of a bag at peoples houses/backpackers when not at work... No car, no material possessions...

Regards,

niko

Last edited:
Back