Seeking the help of Brisbane Lions fans!

Hi All

We are doing a trip over to Brisbane in a couple of weeks and my 9 year old son noticed there is a Brisbane Lions home game on whilst we are there. He is a fanatical footy fan and player and the object of his passion has always been the Lions!!...not ideal for him given we live in Perth!

Can any locals give me some tips as to the best seating at the Gabba? Happy to pay for better tickets given this isn't something my son ever really gets to do and we would like to be in with the home team supporters.

Had a look on ticketmaster and these are the available areas that appear to be the 'better' (read 'more expensive') seats that are left... sections 49, 50 and 61. There are a handful of others as well. Any recommendations or tips for where to sit or where to avoid?

Thanks
Angela :)

That's cool - your son in Perth is a Lions fan :eek: :D

To be amongst the Lions fans - they're behind the posts at section 35. General admission will get you either side and a bit of atmosphere as well.

I'd book ahead and print your tickets - will be cheaper.

The view from general admission isn't the best.. you're looking very flat and the field even has a bit of rise to it. The view is great from the first and second tiers but the atmosphere will be like being at the golf compared to the MCG. Have a great time!! :)

If you get time you should treat your son to a Gold Coast Suns game. Metricon stadium is waaaay better for watching footy, the fans are great, and the team is looking pretty good this year ;)

I'm pretty sure they have a connecting bus (for free) from Nerang train station to the stadium so you can get the train from Brisbane (not free).

Back