Self management + Agency checks

Anyone know of an agency in or around the north of Brisbane that will advertise a property, do TICA checks for tenants and send them to me to vet? So I would pay a letting fee but no ongoing management fees as I self manage.

My house is right next door to the IP at the moment so I wouldn't mind some help with the advertising but can handle the rest, or at least that's the plan.

Hi Andrew,
Why don't you let a PM manage your place for a few months while you are getting a feel for the tenant?
If the tenant ends up being a pain, or late with payments
it could end up being a nightmare for you.
Additionally, you live next door so you don't want to become enemies with your neighbour.
Best to let the PM be the bad guy...;)
If later you see that the tenant is fine you let the PM go.
My 2c.
Cheers

Most agencies would do this for you but I wouldn't waste my time. I have gone down this path several times over the years, and have only ever had a tenant found twice. One was an absolute shocker and I am sure the agency handed her over because they knew she would be trouble.... why not pocket a week's rent and offload a problem at the same time???

The other tenants were fine.

All other times, I have never received even ONE phone call to place a tenant. I never bother now, and always manage to find a tenant through the Courier Mail adverts.

Having said that, perhaps with such a tight rental market right now, it would be more attractive for an agency to find a tenant for you. It is easy money for them, like falling off a log.

Wylie

Back