Self Management

2 things:

1- Providing PO Box will not hide the suburb. You still have the suburb where the PO Box is open.

Yes and no. The PO Box on the lease for the property next door to me is a suburb over (their office), but the point is they don't know LL lives next door. But this may not have been what your were referring to in your original post?

A couple of points of clarification:

1. PO Box - I chose to take out a PO Box in a central suburb which was an established business centre. Then I put in a rolling 12-month re-direction to wherever I was living at the time. Tenants gain the impression of a business address, you simply offer them the convenience of coming out to the property rather than inconveniencing them by having them come to your (unspecified) office. Also no need to update address each time you move.

2. Leases will still have to be in the name of the owner; care of the property management company. For example, J Johnson C/- Reliance Property Management Pty Ltd, PO Box 123, Capital City, State, Postcode. Some tenants will not even notice that the owner name is also your own. Or just have another person with a different name do the lease sign up (perhaps even a spouse who is not on the title).

Burbs

Back