Selling advice

Hi everyone, looking to sell my PPOR soon.
It's in a great area with a lot of good features (high ceilings, balcony, LUG, lovely apartment gardens, well built etc).

The apartment for the most part is in excellent condition with a couple of exceptions, namely:

- My cats like to play with my vertical blinds so the weights have come out of a couple of them
- oven is on it's last legs (I've replaced the cooktop recently)
- few chips in the paint (not many)
- one room doesn't have skirting boards (I laid floorboards and never got around to doing it)
- one of the taps in the bathroom is a bit scratched.

In order to sell as quickly as possible for the best price possible, would you recommend I rectify these issues or just leave them?

Hi Jodes

I'd definitely get onto those skirting boards. That won't leave a good impression at all. It's something relatively simple and affordable to fix - however, to a would be buyer it would be a big turn off....would also make me think, "what else is only semi complete?"

Cheers

Jamie

Hi everyone, looking to sell my PPOR soon.
It's in a great area with a lot of good features (high ceilings, balcony, LUG, lovely apartment gardens, well built etc).

The apartment for the most part is in excellent condition with a couple of exceptions, namely:

- My cats like to play with my vertical blinds so the weights have come out of a couple of them
- oven is on it's last legs (I've replaced the cooktop recently)
- few chips in the paint (not many)
- one room doesn't have skirting boards (I laid floorboards and never got around to doing it)
- one of the taps in the bathroom is a bit scratched.

In order to sell as quickly as possible for the best price possible, would you recommend I rectify these issues or just leave them?

Hi Jodes

Prop's right- first impressions count so I'd do the following:

Close the verticals
Clean the oven spotlessly as it's a rare buyer who will "test" the oven/grill.
Paint the chips
Replace the skirtings (please!)
Re: tap. I wouldn't bother unless it's very obvious.

For a "fresh look" get an unbiased third party (not an agent or close friend/family member) to walk through as a potential buyer and point out the obvious that you may have overlooked. After you've lived in a place for a while, you tend to become blind to little faults that buyers see first upon entry. Best of luck with your sale.
Feel free to PM me if you're interested in selling privately by the way :)

Back