Selling an I.P to instead invest in Google shares?

Would you ever sell an I.P and put part or all proceeds into buying Google shares? Could this company have a trillion U.S market capitalisation by 2020? There is no competitor to Google in the short term. The companies growth will come from massive customer base shifting to online media which is what the company dominates.

Your money is as safe as houses in bricks and mortar.... but by 2020 do you think your I.P will give much CG? Will we ever see the huge increase in prices as experienced from 2002 onwards- up the East coast of NSW for example.

What is your opinion?

Would you ever sell an I.P and put part or all proceeds into buying Google shares? Could this company have a trillion U.S market capitalisation by 2020? There is no competitor to Google in the short term. The companies growth will come from massive customer base shifting to online media which is what the company dominates.

Your money is as safe as houses in bricks and mortar.... but by 2020 do you think your I.P will give much CG? Will we ever see the huge increase in prices as experienced from 2002 onwards- up the East coast of NSW for example.

What is your opinion?

Many companies have had market capitalization in the past and have fallen away to disappear, or die a slow death. http://computer.howstuffworks.com/internet/basics/10-tech-companies-imploded.htm#page=1

If we have the benefit of hindsight, then it is an easy bet for Google from start up to present day. Google is constantly being sued for many things, in many courtrooms from the USA to the European Union etc. However its potential remains undeniable.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/06/technology/google-reaches-tentative-antitrust-settlement-with-european-union.html?hpw&rref=business&_r=0

"Google does EU deal to avoid competition fines - If the case had gone to court and Google had lost it would be liable for fines of up to a tenth of its $50bn (?30.7bn) global turnover."

"In November 2012, the UK government announced plans to investigate Google, along with Starbucks and Amazon.com, for tax avoidance."

I know what Google does...generally. Putting all my eggs in one basket? It depends on your risk profile.

Unless you know the future, personally I would hedge my bets as a percentage between shares, property etc.

What is your opinion?
If I truly understood Google as a business, my research shows it'll deliver and fits into my trading strategy then I'd back myself.

Back