Selling not same as renting agent

Hi

I'm on the point of putting my rental property on the market. I invited the renting agent to recommend an agent from his branch. I'm not happy with his choice as recommended agent has only sold 2 houses this year and is not very internet aware.

My choice is from a different office and he appears very good 18 sales and has his own web site which gives buyers access to building reports in pdf format and can include other doc as well.

This is going to p*ss off my renting agent but what are the implications. He has been renting the property successfully for 10 years but has been remiss in maintaining it as I had large repair bills this year due to water ingress and he has been dragging his feet getting the repairs done. I've been trying to get it fixed up since Jan.

if the rental agent is any good he will keep doing his job but sounds like he is already not doing his job.

worst case you will have to give your current agent notice to change managements 90days notice and give it to the new agent to manage while selling. get the new agent to manage it for free to cover this cost.

if the property is older and needs some work it may be best to wait till the current tenant moves out and then sell giving you time to clean it up.

good luck and hope it helps

This is going to p*ss off my renting agent but what are the implications. He has been renting the property successfully for 10 years but has been remiss in maintaining it as I had large repair bills this year due to water ingress and he has been dragging his feet getting the repairs done. I've been trying to get it fixed up since Jan.
And......

You're the one selling the property - you're the one that needs to be comfortable with the agent you've chosen. There's big dollars at stake - I wouldn't use the mediocre agent just so you can keep the PM happy.

Cheers

Jamie

Agree with Jamie- Your property, your choice of Agent for PM or for Sales. Your property investing should be run like a business, not a favour to a friend :)

You should just switch the rental control across to the new agency.

As you are selling with another agency the rental side, wont care to assist you.

Best make a move

Back