Selling vacant vs occupied

hi,

Just wondering what are your thoughts re selling house when its vacant or while its still occupied with furnitures. Which do you think would be more appealing to buyers and potentially fetch a better price?

PS. appreciate if you can provide instruction on how to set up a poll. :confused:

thanks
BTC

From your link...
The property never presents as well when there is no furniture. Most people in my experience have difficulty imagining what the property will look like furnished.
Unless the furniture is really crap, then it makes the place look like a dump. No one's going to notice the new carpet and fresh paint job if it has a milk crate for a lounge suite and a couple of planks of wood and bricks for an entertainment unit.

2. If you get an obstructive tenant, they can hinder the sale by denying Open for Inspections and generally making life difficult for the sales process.
It's almost impossible to know whether a tenant is going to be obstructive or cooperative. My parents self managed a property they were selling and had a good relationship with the tenant. The tenant agreed to be cooperative in exchange for some moderate compensation. They were obstructive.

If I was serious about selling I'd get rid of the tenant.

Ideally staging the property using an interior designer will get you I feel more money. As people like looking at a nicely laid out house with nice stuff in it or that design home look and will also cover up the scuffs.

However does it make you more money? hard to say I think if you were selling a 3M property you will need to have furnature in it and make it look really presentable. However if you were selling a dump for 100k, it isn't going to pay for itself to do all of this.

Back