Senate passes bailout

Senate passes bailout

Plan to buy $700B in troubled assets wins OK. Backers hope add-ons will yield more yes-votes in House.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The Senate on Wednesday night passed a sweeping and controversial financial bailout similar in key ways to one rejected by the House just two days earlier.
The measure was passed by a vote of 74 to 25 after more than three hours of floor debate in the Senate. Both presidential candidates, Sens. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, and John McCain, R-Arizona, voted in favor.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/01/news/economy/senate_rescuebill2/index.htm?cnn=yes

It will be interesting to see what affect this has on the markets

Dave

Markets will still rise in anticipation.

Problem is that the bill was sweetened for the Republic controlled Senate will could push more Democrats away in the House.

markets will def. rise - NAB - CBA - SUN - SGB - WBC - all targets.

even resources may rise a little.

time to play the CFD card for a bit.

Have some a couple contract for eahc of these.

The volatility is great for me writing covered calls!!! Bring on more market volatility.

Yeah, they'll be looking like rockets fo shure tomorrow. I loaded up on ANZ CFDs just now coz they've been beat down so bad I just know they'll go ballistic tomorrow.

Phwoar! DJ futures is already over 150 pts!!! :D

gee yoall i hope you are right, luck.
as i am not so sure, the senate said yes on the vote, fairly early today, and the market sat pretty flat and i belive a .7 drop, got to be in it to win it ?

Back