Separation / Divorce - Property issues

Keep the updates coming

Just to update:

I have been busy drafting the financial agreement

Babushka
Good on ya for taking control of a situation that came out of the blue, behind every good man is a woman.

Be fair and go forward ;) Nothing like getting on with your life.

Three cheers from me.
Sheryn

Hi Babushka

Here are some precedents (forms) that may give you some more info. Still reccommend you see lawyer but this might give you a head start.

Attachments

• divorce financial agreement.doc
    80.5 KB · Views: 262
  • super covenant.doc
    45 KB · Views: 76
  • transfer of property.doc
    49 KB · Views: 85
more forms

Attachments

• spousal maint agreement.doc
    70.5 KB · Views: 92
  • alt super & property agree.doc
    70 KB · Views: 271
  • super split.doc
    56.5 KB · Views: 106
Thanks, mary&mat, and Sheryn, for your support! I do appreciate it very much.

Thanks, RPI, for all those forms. Wow! You are so helpful. I will save them on my computer and use them as needed. Yes, I will see my lawyer, but want to do homework first so he does not charge me too much!

Friends response coduld equally apply to the ex. He might also move on, be quite healthy in his old age and watch you go into respite care. Friends never tell the other side. Anyway I get what she was trying to do in cheering you up but suggesting that he will be aching for you back is rather pathetic. Hmm wonder is she is one of those Christian friends. Got to love the hypocrisy if that is the case. Glad I'm not married and don't plan too. Never had the hassles and nor do I want them.

Behind every good man Is a woman !!! I thought in this day and age that those who had a lifelong male partner would be treated equally. Seems like homosexual couples who made it must have done so because of the secret female lover. god almighty

Using that same logic behind every hitler, pol pot, jeffrey Dahmer, son of sam and every murderer and rapist in history is a woman. So what does this say ? The same as your comment it means nothing.

All of the advice about your husband regretting his decision, having a mid-life crisis, being immoral, etc, is unhelpful. The fact is that we all do what we think is best, and it's really not the job of other people to judge. The only things that are relevant to you, IMHO, are that he's decided to end the relationship. Your focus should be entirely on moving forward with your own life, and respecting what you had together for so many years. Don't ruminate over what he is or isn't doing, or what motivated it, or whether he'll regret it or not - they're all his issues, not yours. I liked Sunder's advice. :)
So, what stunned all was that everyone knew him thought of him as the most morally righteous person and would be the last person to do what he did - he is a professed Christian and a deacon at our church! ... I am still pondering the question why a loving and caring Christian person could (because of his lust and infatuation for another woman - and she has not stopped pursuing him) turn out to be the opposite of what he stood for most of his life. I never thought that one day he would behave like this - as if he was possessed by the devil.
Forget all that. His relationship with God is between him and God; it's nobody else's business to judge.

And whilst I'm very pro-marriage, I agree with coastymike that the "behind every good man is a woman" statement is patronising. I get that it's catchy and has some truth in it, but in this situation, it's inappropriate and encourages judging. I'm sure both parties contributed to the marriage for 30 years, or it wouldn't have lasted this long, and both enriched each others' lives. But now it's over, and seeking to blame and judge just diminishes and disrespects what babushka and her husband had.

Good luck, babushka, in finalising the financial agreement and creating a wonderful new life for yourself. :)

Perp: Thanks for your views. I don't blame my ex or feel bitter towards him. He has made his choice and I accept his decision. He is a decent man in many ways, but his infatuation for another woman has driven him to tear our marriage apart. Both my ex and I have had our allies amongst our families (some of his close families have stood by me) and friends. I only want to move on with life.

I appreciate the views of the forumites who have given me the support and help in the financial agreement and in clarifying a few legal and tax issues.

I don't want to cause any disagreement among the forumites, regarding my situation.

Back