Sharp Dents from underneath in a flat roof - future corrosion point?

Sharp Dents from underneath in a flat roof - future corrosion point?

Have had a new flat roof installed on a house.

Old one was only 4 years old but was replaced due to Brisbane hail storm dents

On several spots on the roof, it seems there is some kind of sharp object beneath the roofing iron
that is quite sharp and is pressing up wards against the iron,
leaving a raised dimple ( somewhat would be on a piece of metal if a person was to start pushing a nail into a thin peice of metal.)

My point is, these are stress points and corrosion is much more likely to occur at these points in years to come,

The roofing iron has hidden fasteners, I can not see any sharp edges on the hidden fasteners that would cause such upward dimples.

I complained to the roofers previously about this , and to my sureprise , they lifer up the iron and curled it back to remove a loose screw.

I have 2 photos I will try and post.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sd7ci5s0ewpp11y/2015-06-04%2007.58.59%20b.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oo9bz5ki13etsk6/2015-06-04%2007.53.32-Medium.jpg?dl=0

I would be getting the roofer back and rectify this.
At a wild guess they have not knocked down nails (or something) that was there.

Have you paid 100% for this job?

They just said roofing iron is thin material.
People when they walk ion the roof , tend not to walk not where rafters are, but on the metal/spot between the rafters , has a bit of bounce in.

The hidden metal brackets , even though they have no sharp edges on them tend to cause the dents, accelerated by the downward pressure of people walking on the roof ..

I just find it very draining having to argue with builders.
Maybe I will get a opinion from a "onsite" building / roofing person.
They also claim any future corrosion problems be handled under warranty.

There is also a 22 panel solar system also on the roof.
The electrician that reconnected it had to get back 3 times and still not fixed.
Found problems by myself and i am aware I'm not building knowledgeable.
I hired another solar electrician and he found 3 more problems , 2 of that required rectification. - loose bolts and screws etc - a lack of attention to detail on the electricians part. This morning electrician tells me all done OK now , I walk over to solar cell frame and find a loose bolt with a minute - incredible - I'm annoyed - I need to do their job for them and this is basic stuff - fasteners need to be tight / secure ....

Back