Should i go?

If you have read any of my previous posts you will know i am only 19 and learning about property. My friend has got me a free ticket to a 4 day seminar starting 2moro in titled "4 day education for life" in Melbourne. I am just wondering if it is worth attending. I know some of these seminars can be a bit dodge at times and i am a novice so i dont want to come away from it thinking that i know more than i do only to find out the advice i got was false and misleading.

All up i am looking at about $50 for travel and food costs. worth it, or not? i kind of already said i would go so now it will be harder not too...

Go along with an open mind and a closed wallet;):D

I attend a few seminars and will always pick up at least one gem. Sounds to me like you are just starting out, so manyy gem remain out there for you to find.

Cheers

(and have fun)

I attend a few seminars and will always pick up at least one gem. Sounds to me like you are just starting out, so manyy gem remain out there for you to find.

Cheers

(and have fun)

Thanks, eased my mind a little.

BTW i all ready swore to myslef i would not sign anything! lol

Harpy, I have been to several seminars and drawn much inspiration from them without getting involved with the extra marketing they push. It's great to hear how other successful people have profited but you need to take your own path that you feel comfortable with. I take bits and pieces from different sources to piece together my own jigsaw puzzle. Hope to complete it one day. :)

Keep reading, researching and posting here for advice. Good luck to you on your journey.

All up i am looking at about $50 for travel and food costs. worth it, or not? i kind of already said i would go so now it will be harder not too...
Hi Harpy.

For what you look like spending, what have you got to lose?!?!

Go along and have fun with it and learn as much as you can. You may even meet an interesting person or two.

As already mentioned, just be aware that at some stage you may be presented with an option of signing up for a more expensive course. As emotions can sometimes run high at these type of events, I'd go home AND THEN think about whether or not I would want to sign up.

Regards
Marty

(and have fun)

Agree - there was some research done a while ago.

.....the hypothesis that student ratings of educators depend largely on personality variables and not educational content, the authors programmed an actor to teach charismatically and non substantively on a topic about which he knew nothing. The authors hypothesized that given a sufficiently impressive lecture paradigm, even experienced educators participating in a new learning experience can be seduced into feeling satisfied that they have learned despite irrelevant, conflicting, and meaningless content conveyed by the lecturer. The hypothesis was supported when 55 subjects responded favorably at the significant level to an eight-item questionnaire concerning their attitudes toward the lecture. The study serves as an example to educators that their effectiveness must be evaluated beyond the satisfaction with which students view them and raises the possibility of training actors to give "legitimate" lectures as an innovative approach toward effective education. The authors conclude by emphasizing that student satisfaction with learning may represent little more than the illusion of having learned.

You'll find many seminars presenters are v. charismatic, but they lack knowledge & content is poor, but they still leave you feeling good enough to spend some money in their direction :rolleyes:.

Cheers

(and have fun)

Harpy,

That's sound advice!

Regards Jo

Back