Should we use draftman located in different areas

Hi all

For the subdivsion process, I heard that we should use a local draftman who knows well the Council regulations. However, some draftman claims that they can handle the town planning for any suburbs in the state as regulations are the similar. Is that true? Should I use a draftman close to my resident house but about 20km away from subdivision lot?

Don't worry about the distance. Sure, there is some truth to it that dealing with a local who is a "regular" with council can help but i am more interested in using a competent professional who knows how to deal with council and get applications over the line, especially when you are pushing the boundaries. If you are happy with your current guy just stick with him/her.

Hi all

For the subdivsion process, I heard that we should use a local draftman who knows well the Council regulations. However, some draftman claims that they can handle the town planning for any suburbs in the state as regulations are the similar. Is that true? Should I use a draftman close to my resident house but about 20km away from subdivision lot?

I wouldn't use an interstate draftie but as long as they are in your City they should be able to design to the local TPS.

It can be good to know if they have designed for that local council before as it will be beneficial.

Back