Shower Screens, Vanities and Mirrors

Hey all,

This is a question for the WA member of the forum. I'm hoping someone might have some good suggestions for shower screen, vanities and mirror suppliers.
I am using the cheapest shower and mirror company that I could find from about 5 quotes and was a referral. Paying about $550 for shower glass shower screens measured and installed (panel with swing out door) and $105 for a 900x900 mirror from Britone.

Our vanities we usually pickup for $400-500 dollars from a discount bathroom place in Osborne Park.

I have seen docos of People paying $250 for a shower screen and $120 for a vanity, smaller type but a hell of a lot cheeper.

Cant hurt to ask!

Cheers

QL

Hi QL, still doing the renos l see.
I actually think the price you are getting your shower screens for is very good. We got 2 done on "mates rates" last year and they were $700 each.
The mirror sounds pretty cheap too. As for the vanity the smaller one might be much cheaper but jeez there is nothing worse than those tiny little vanity,s and me and my tooth brush.:eek:
cheers yadreamin

Try salvage/demolistion yards for a mirror. I got a piece of mirror from our local yard earlier this year for $15 (can't remember the exact size but after cutting was approx 1000 x 800). Paid $10 to have cut to size by local glazier. Try Bunnings for a cheap vanity - they seem to have quite a good range in our local store in Mandurah.

Flatout

Hi QL

Your shower screen was it standard with a pivot door - if so good price - can you pass on name / ph of the supplier?

vanities - sounds about right just paid $460 for a 900mm slim line with a stone (sort of - forget what they call it, dam heavy tho)
full length trendy top / sink - Mitre 10 maylands

Mirror just puchased a round one from IKEA $25 or $ 35 - they have mirror cupboards at good prices to.

For all in Perth - Mitre 10/ part of Ross's salvage in Maylands - I happened to ask the right person in there the other day re vanity units - the big boss Ross.:D

he wants to encourage renoites in there - He has a supply of vanities new around 800/900mm white colonial style doors - nice but not my yuppy theme, will sell for a further $90 off - tell him I sent you.

They also do flat pack made to order kitchens and some ready made cabinets - basic white

I picked up solid T&G bamboo flooring at an auction there 2 weeks ago for $18 a sq metre - the 2 duplex's I just purchased now has their WOW factor - CHEAP - now I just have to lay it.:D

Any one checked of the mc mahons auction house in malaga, the one that auctions full kitchens etc? I have been meaning to go and see what its like.

Celeste

Cheers!!

Yes Yadreamin,
I'm still doing renos and enjoying them alot :)

Thanks for all your suggestions much appreciated. I have printed them out and when my brain is working I will read back (prob tomorrow)

All the best for Christmas.

QL

Glazier

I'll have to check out Ross's Salvage and Mitre 10
Ive nver been to Mc Mahons either but I am told that they have some good stuff at decent prices.
Shower screen was pivot door, and was $576.00 inc gst measured and installed. Britone- Martin Flynn 0438899226 or 94092040
Hes a good bloke tell him Jarrad Mahon referred you and he'll look after you.

Cheers.

QL

Back