SIG Meeting March 28th - Dale Gatherum-Goss

SIG Meeting March 28th - Guest Dale Gatherum-Goss

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys,
For the next meeting we have lined up the legendary Dale Gatherum-Goss thanks to this thread from Dale !!

When - Tuesday March 28th 7pm - for a 730pm start.

Where :
Where: Roxbury Hotel, 172 St Johns Road, Glebe.
http://www.roxbury.com.au/

Numbers: Up to 85 persons.

Some background:
As per Dales thread :
After much careful thought, I have decided to do a talk or presentation on wealth plans, goals and "investment schizophrenia".... a concept that I have defined.
This should be an interesting presentation!!

How Do I Get on the List: Post this Thread your name and numbers (limit of 4) and it is first in, best dressed.

Please note - as Roxbury are now asking for money for Projector Hire - please deposit $2 in the jar at the door. Any excess money will go towards coffee/tea/biscuits.
Looking forward to seeing all newbies and regulars for networking afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damnation! Conflicts with Uni lecture (MBA). Guess I won't meet you guys this time 'round.

Have a great night and we'll see how we go next time...

chordq said:
Just wondering if there is a meeting in February? Please advise. Thanks.

No, their isn't.
As much as I would love to hold a meeting every month, I am finding it increasingly difficult to find different speakers each month.
After this meeting, I probably have another one set up in either April (possibly 26th , Wednesday as the Tuesday is Anzac Day which I know would suit a few people here such as Michael W, Barracuda2 or babushka.......or May 23rd).
In the past month I have sent emails to the following people - Bernard Salt (no reply), John Edwards (no reply) and also Peter Waxman who may present sometime later in the year.
If anyone can come up with some suggestions, please send me a private message and I will see how it goes !!

Anyway, back to this - I am putting down another 2 for myself - that brings the total to 57. Looks like a lot of people like Dale GG :D

perky29 said:
As much as I would love to hold a meeting every month, I am finding it increasingly difficult to find different speakers each month.
Why limit yourself to speaker?

You might consider
.Having a social dinner
.Cashflow games
.Panels- 3 or 4 people to give a small presentation to the group. You could probably find people within the group with expertise. It could be property related (wrappers, flippers, PM, buyers agents) or related to something else in the investment world (eg shares, business, collectibles)

perky29 said:
After this meeting, I probably have another one set up in either April (possibly 26th , Wednesday as the Tuesday is Anzac Day which I know would suit a few people here such as Michael W, Barracuda2 or babushka.......or May 23rd).
Perky,

Many thanks! You're right, I can't make the March one due to MBA lecture commitments on Tuesday nights for 12 weeks. Can't wait to get this semester over with so I can start coming along to SIG again. That's a real bummer too as I'd have loved to come along and hear Dale speak. Massive Doh!

Geoff's got some good ideas for SIGs too. I guess we don't need to limit it to professional speakers every month. The odd cash flow game, or social meeting in between wouldn't hurt. Also the September 2005 SIG panel with Karina, Handy Andy, Ross V, Ani and JoannaK was awesome! Maybe another one of these with some of the other resident experts would be a great idea.

Cheers,
Michael.

I've split the thread:

.There were two streams. One stream was booking information, of interest just to the organisers. The other was about content of SIG meetings, and there could be questions about the content of the meeting.

Do I need to register?

Hi guys,

I am new to the forum. I am interested in joining the meeting to learn and network with other people in real estate.

Just wondering do I need to register for the event? If so, here is my details:

Christopher Emmanuel - 2(two) people if not then just me.

Thank you.

Back