SMSF Corporate Trustee Company - costs

Hi

I thought I'd post here since there should be some like minded souls ...

Plan is to set up SMSF with esuperfund w/Corporate Trustee. I've decided a corporate trustee is sensible.

(EDIT: Plan to set up company with Cleardocs)

I am however wondering what the ongoing overheads of a dedicated (ie. Special purpose) Company acting as a corporate trustee are.

(eSuperfund indicate not much and my accountant doesn't want to know really since I am going for a low cost super option (suits me, 30 years to go). )

Interested if anyone has any experience in this...?

Normally the annual asic fees for a company are around $212, but I believe there are discounts if the company will only act as trustee for a superfund. I forget the exact amount, but around $50 pa.

For a SMSF corp trustee as and Special Purpose Company the fee is only $41 p/a. And if you look after the annual return including the above payment (only takes a few minutes work) you will save on accountant fees. I think it is not uncommon for some accountants to charge $100 - 150 plus p/a for this very simple task. Plus if you look after this yourself there is less risk of the third pary forgetting to send you the annual ASIC invoice which can result in relatively hefty late fee charges.

Back