So I'm up in Port Macquarie for a week

There are three new apartment blocks going up near the Town Beach. These ones are a bit too far back from the beach - the prime development spots went years ago.

Loads of For Sale signs around the place.

And Sovereign Hills is going ahead. I think it's supposed to house 10,000 people. Housing development out near the highway.

I reckon when you buy in a coastal town , unless you're buying within walking distance of water, you're taking a huge punt.

Supply up here is going to keep a lid on prices for a fair while I'd say.

Still, it's a nice place for a holiday.

Hi Scott
I like the place too but I find it to be a little too far for a quick trip. For me the south coast is more convenient.
Where are you staying?

Last edited:
Yeah, it's too far for a quick trip - even a long weekend.

I've got a unit in a place called Ki-ea. Bought it about 5 years ago off the plan.

It's probably about 400 metres to the sand.

Big three bedder - not much of a view, though.

Well managed complex with pools on the ground floor and a spa on the roof deck.

We're up here for a week and we'll be back in April for another week. Probably come up in October, too. And I let friends stay free. So it's always been more of a lifestyle thing.

It really is a good town, though. My pick of the coastal towns (though I love the lake at Forster).

Scott

Love Port. Looked at buying an apartment with a minor view a few monthsback. Nice but not worth it in terms of return and location.

Enjoy the pancakes!!

Back