so.. what are you covered for?

Im with Terri Scheer and just met my tennants [had to drop off a new split system] they remind me of me 10 years ago, beers, heavy metal shirts and mess

My PM advised me theyre "good kids" and I asked her to include one of their fathers as a guarantor.

So, I understand that malicious damage is covered [up to 50k] but what about "accidental" damage?

The TS site is pretty bad, I couldnt get any info from there.

Im not saying theyre going to trash the place but you never know, good tennants can turn bad, etc etc

Don't know about Terri Scheer but a great deal of landlord policies do not cover accidental damage. Some do cover it if you choose it as an option and pay a small amount extra.

However I don't think there are any policies that cover damage caused by neglect or poor housekeeping.

There is the 4 week bond.

The bond is ofcourse in place for this kind of thing an unpaid rent but Ive heard alot of tennants seem to think that they can simply not pay rent for the last 4 weeks before vacating.. in this case Im guessing that maybe the insurance cover may pay out "lost rents" and the last 4 weeks bond goes towards repairs.

in this case Im guessing that maybe the insurance cover may pay out "lost rents" and the last 4 weeks bond goes towards repairs.

All insurance policies that I have read use the bond money as a form of additional excess - basically the insurance company takes this money into account before they give you anything. This applies even if for some reason there was no bond, the bond was lower than normal, the bond was needed for other things etc.

Scheer policy is AD, many arent.

it clearly says all over the website and all throughout the pds that its AD. everywhere. :eek:

MD to 50k is ordinary, should be no limit to sums insured. keeps policy costs down, but i sure as hell wouldnt buy such at that restrictive limit.

Scheer policy is AD, many arent.

it clearly says all over the website and all throughout the pds that its AD. everywhere. :eek:

MD to 50k is ordinary, should be no limit to sums insured. keeps policy costs down, but i sure as hell wouldnt buy such at that restrictive limit.

Ohhh yeah.. I was thinking of the Whittle's website.. try finding anything on there, not even an email.
hey wait! theres a phone number..

Back