So...what are you doing right now???

Right now I am...

• doing nothing. Waiting for next year.

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • doing nothing. Waiting till market picks up around 2012.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • scouring for cash flow plus mainly.

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • scouring for capital gain plus mainly.

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • uping the rent.

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • offloading.

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • consolidating.

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • looking at getting into property.

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • looking at getting into shares.

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • wondering why people start silly polls.

Votes: 32 35.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK, so how do I vote "commencing my development". I suppose that's "purchasing to improve cash flow"?

or is it "consolidating".

I dunno. But there ya go, I'm developing my site and adding 2 IPs to the portfolio by doing so. Increases my debt by $1.2M but increases my portfolio by $1.7M or $500K more equity.

Cheers,
Michael

Getting IP 1 valued in the next 2 weeks. Paying off the credit card and all other debts in hopefully less then 2 months. Probably starting to seriously look for IP 2 in month 2 of that, although casualy looking around at the moment

I looking for deals which are CF+,neutrally geared, or negative geared by less than $30pw.....they are still out there.

I have also sold one non-performing property this year.

Andy ...

All of your poll choices are about doing nothing.

They are all about waiting, thinking, 'scouring' - but no doing!

So it's not really a comprehensive poll choice is it.

'Are you doing nothing or are you thinking about doing something' doesn't really address your thread heading of 'What are you doing right now'

In the light of the poll, the answer has to be Nuthin' Much!

But the reality is far from

Cheers
Kristine

Last edited:
I'm waiting for a plumber so I can finalise a subdivision and start building. Then it is very likely we will sell our current house and buy another house, which should leave us ahead. Rent here is just too expensive and hard to find a house to even contemplate a short term rental - buying even for the short term is SO much cheaper.

Otherwise, I'm usually eating, and I have the expanding everything to prove it.

I said I was doing nothing, but
Bought 6 IP's this year.
We do up the rent on a property when feasible.
Just finishing up my immigration application(mailing it this week):)
Adding value to our former PPOR
Will start our search for property in Aus, late 2010.

Andy ...

All of your poll choices are about doing nothing.

They are all about waiting, thinking, 'scouring' - but no doing!

So it's not really a comprehensive poll choice is it.

'Are you doing nothing or are you thinking about doing something' doesn't really address your thread heading of 'What are you doing right now'

In the light of the poll, the answer has to be Nuthin' Much!

But the reality is far from

Cheers
Kristine

That is sort of a good point...although most are passive, they are doing SOMETHING. Unless you are buying RIGHT NOW, one of the passive options will suit most people...but good point.

For the last few days i've been a couch potato on SS, tragic i have no friends i feel motivation to see..hmm..

As for right now, i'm waiting for next year to roll around, hoping to pick myself up two IPs in the next year, wondering if it can be done on $26k p.a, we will soon see, got plenty of hard work ahead of me!

Merry Christmas all!

For the last few days i've been a couch potato on SS, tragic i have no friends i feel motivation to see..hmm..

As for right now, i'm waiting for next year to roll around, hoping to pick myself up two IPs in the next year, wondering if it can be done on $26k p.a, we will soon see, got plenty of hard work ahead of me!

Merry Christmas all!

just get the real cheapies was reading newest API today a bloke same age as me we same amount of IP's all very much cheaper purchase tho, but very good rental yield. I think this bloke is on a low wicket as well/

was like (not exact numbers cbf getting the mag out)

Purchase - 118k Rent 210
Purchase - 130k Rent 230
Purchase - 140k Rent 180

where mine are

Purchase - 335k Rent 360 (this has shown the best CG)
Purchase - 255k Rent 310
Purchase - 326k Rent 380

So far just more buy and hold for me, with a focus on low holding costs (getting as close to CF+ as possible)

I signed with a builder last night to develope one property. Considering adding two rooms to another. On the rental front i am told my properties will all be raised at next oppertunity. Still looking for cashflow neautral properties or add value ones.

Cheers

Back