So, what are you drinking?

This time of year heralds in the excess of food and grog (yay).

But the wife and I have a sip every day to celebrate another job well done.

She is a shiraz and marguerita kind of girl.

Me; a very dry, very cold, fruity chardonnay or sav blanc. Like a Fosters or VB as well.

What's yours?

I have finally met an Australian who likes Fosters ..... thought it an urban myth!

It's the only Aussie beer they sell over here, and it's in those bigger cans (equivalent to 2 normal cans I think).

I get one at the end of the first nine at golf sometimes. Nice.

You can buy 18 can boxes of them here at the supermarkets for around $18.00.

Coronas with lemon or lime and vodka, fresh lime and soda. BEST summer drink there is.

Espresso martini's are right up there too :) - guarantees a night to remember (or maybe not..)

G & T. Has to be made with Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray and Schweppes Indian Tonic Water with a slice of fresh lime. Don't mind a portagaff either and I'm a bit of a beer snob. A glass of Moet goes down well, too. Think I'd better go and put the kettle on!

Well for us its generally a bottle of shiraz. Cant get enough of a good thing like a nice bottle of red :D

if we are into seafood etc or its too hot for our liking to enjoy a shiraz then we will go 2nd pic which is a nice bottle of chardy or a some Reisling we love. A little diff to L.A in that we dont like it too dry. But nice and cold for sure.

Jayro

Anything and everything :) but at this time of year, it's a family Xmas tradition to drink Pimms no 1 mixed with lemonade (and/or soda water or ginger ale) with a slice of orange and a couple of mint leaves. Bloody sensational!

mmm wolf blass yellow lable 2004 cab sav. Getting very hard to find now though :(

Gin and bitter lemon for a summer treat goes down lovely too.

It's the only Aussie beer they sell over here, and it's in those bigger cans (equivalent to 2 normal cans I think).

I get one at the end of the first nine at golf sometimes. Nice.

You can buy 18 can boxes of them here at the supermarkets for around $18.00.

Are the Foster's in USA made in Newfoundland, Canada like our Foster's are?
How about the alcohol content?

Champagne, champagne, and more champagne!!! Yellowglen (preferrably Brut Cremant) for everyday quaffing, and Bollinger for special occasions. And the occasional Crown Lager when going out for lunch. Hubby loves his red, the odd Bundy-and-coke and an occasional glass (or two, or ...) of port.

Cheers
LynnH

Me and the lads out in the truck yard always stand about on the last Friday before Xmas in our stubbies and blue singlets, scratching our hairy backs and waxing lyrical whilst sipping on a Fluffy Duck.

The drivers who aren't as tough as us, always seem to ask for a Strawberry Daquiri......:)

Blonde Beer!!

Plus before that: Hardy's Nottage Hill Chardonnay 2006? (close enough-cool and wet it slid down like a charm; lingering finish:p;))

Plus before that: 2005 McLaren Shiraz, Willunga Hills Estate...an old friend grows this; bless him. It's beautiful.

But, definitely both of us in love with the blonde beer at moment, introduced to us by the young uns. (20yo's that is-not young young uns:eek:)

Come on; you want details?

I know I can get drunk on it!

I'll find out and get back to you.

Oh yeah, what about this deal;

It's called: "Two Buck Chuck". (Charles Shaw Vineyards). This is how they advertise it. True.

It is literally $2 a bottle!!

You can only buy it at "Trader Joe's" (a yuppie supermarket) and they have chardy, shiraz, merlot and cab sav, and it tastes not bad at all.

Depends what I'm doing.. But usually

Mix of Pure Blonde / James Boag (Pure Blonde is good for not feeling bloated)
Usually a Sav Blanc with dinner
And Canadian club and coke for later @ night

I must be the most boring person in Western civilisation but I just can't stand alcohol of any sort! The hardest drink I have is coffee, but would go for plain water most of the time ;)

Kathryn, all Foster's was up until recently produced in Canada for the Nth American market. This will be changing soon (or already has) back to the US. Alcohol content should be exactly the same.....

I must be the most boring person in Western civilisation but I just can't stand alcohol of any sort! The hardest drink I have is coffee, but would go for plain water most of the time ;)

You are not alone..... (medical reason in my case :()

Green tea (organic where possible) for me.... :)

Cheers,

The Y-man

Back