So what did Santie bring you for Christmas?

Santie was v good to us this year. He got me gold and ruby earings and matching neck pendant....very swish from the Toyboy.

Toyboy got Binoculars for the Marlin boat he is building and Safari Cologne.

The girls got matching beach hats, towels, beach bags and sunscreen.

Sailor got a new collar (he's wearing it like a trophy) and some dog treats...which he keeps sniffing out.

So what did Santie bring you for Christmas?

Last edited:
Nothing .... is only 8:15 pm Xmas Eve.
Rob has Santra tracked on Norad and Santa is presently in Lajes do Pico in the Azores Islands.

Nothing .... is only 8:15 pm Xmas Eve.
Rob has Santra tracked on Norad and Santa is presently in Lajes do Pico in the Azores Islands.
Cool! So do you have any special traditions you observe on Xmas Eve....waiting around for the big fella to arrive?

With the kids all being teenagers and older and wanting to do their own thing, Rob and I play Scrabble. He is on his computer and I on mine. In between turns I read SS.:)

Xmas has always been very low key here in our family.

Always low key on Bloss and my end as well.

All funds diverted to the boat project and the early retirement plan.

One year drums of epoxy, another an electric toilet or winches.

Bloss flies in tomorrow, that'll be the best present I can get.

Dave

It's xmas eve here; wine is out, cookies, milk and carrots ready for the reindeer and the fat guy. Just waiting for the 6 year old's bed time, then wrap some pressies and more wine.

Yep; our 6 year old son will get about 5 pressies from us - about $120 worth; he doesn't know any different, and he gets a fair whack from the different relatives, so he's well catered for.

How's this; we found a shop soiled SpongeBob SquarePants skateboard (one of my favourite shows) in "Toys r Us" (had dirty wheels) and the wife bargained it down to $5. Magic! A bit of a scrub and they were new again, and will be wrecked by about 10.00am.

The wife and I are on the same page; wealth creation first, travel second, doodads third.

So we spend next to zero on each other; I spent $40 on some lovely satin pj's (for her not me!).

I'll probably get some more socks. Need 'em.

Our xmas present is a trip to Palm Springs in March. Thanks Santa.

I saw on CNN tonight that the average dollar amount spent by Americans on xmas presents is $1,000.

Santa bought the girls a nintendo DS each, plus some games.

He must have put a whole heap of beer in the fridge too cause I didn't.

Santa bought the whole family a ski boat, or actually we have had it a few weeks already.

While I would like to thank Santa for the rain, it was really Santa's distant relative, Heuy, the rain budda who delivered us 250 mills in the last 8 weeks. :) So we just got back from a swim in the creek.

Xmas07005jpga.jpg

Xmas07003jpga.jpg

The creek hasn't had water in it much the last decade, and when it has had water, you wouldn't swim in it as it would be full of slime and filthy carp and yuk. But now it is crystal clear and beautiful and you could drink the water right now, so I hope it continues all summer.

See ya's.

Rob and I agreed from the start not to exchange presents,cause we would rather DO things (travel) than buy things.

We paid about $120 per kid. Bought them one present.
This year was the best stress free Xmas ever.
We didn't put up a tree, pretend we wanted to decorate outside,scurry around buying a dozen useless trinkets for a stocking.

We will all get together for a meal and include my elderly mother and play a game on Xmas Day.
Those memories will last longer than the gifts bought.

How's this; we found a shop soiled SpongeBob SquarePants skateboard (one of my favourite shows) .

Have to say, I like Sponge Bob as well, and was dissapointed that I was travelling yesterday and got home just as the movie ended on TV.

No, we don't have children. (-;

Dave

We just spent a week at the coast and the bathroom had a full length mirror, which I don't have in the bathroom at home. I knew I had put on a few kilos over the past months but seeing myself in that mirror was a shock. I weigh only 60kgs but for me that is heavy, so I want to lose the weight that has crept on. Before kids I weighed around 50kg so whilst others don't really see me as overweight, I am heavier than I am comfortable with and things are getting uncomfortably tight.

I mentioned to hubby that after Christmas I was going to work on losing some weight.

He looked a bit sheepish when passing over my gift. Imagine my UTTER DELIGHT :rolleyes: this morning to open a big parcel and in with a lovely bath pampering pack (which was much appreciated) was a starter celebrity diet pack with shakes and other things. We all had a big laugh and I put it in the "going back to the store" pile.

I told him it rated up there with the fishing tackle box he gave me one year (albeit filled with sewing things - but pretty boring really).

He told me one of his sisters once gave him acne creme for Christmas, so he has had his share of "ordinary" gifts as well.

He also reminded us all that when he was about 12 his mother gave him $5 to spend on his four sisters (in about 1970 that would have bought something nice). He wanted to keep as much money as he could, so he bought each of them a comb and pocketed the rest.

Funny thing is, he is the most generous man. Money means little to him and he would (and HAS) given things to people who have admired things in our house. "Oh that's a lovely antique kettle". "Here, take it with you". I have had to have a little chat to him and ask him to please ask me before he gives our things away.

Anyway, the boys thought it all VERY funny and we have teased him about it all day.

Wylie

I got a nice bag & belt as well as a few other trinkets from Hubby. He got a couple of pairs of shoes & shirts. The kids on the other hand had oodles of parcels to open. Probably spent around $250-$300 on each of them. They don't really get any one thing that is expensive, rather lots of 'stuff'. Bags, tops, shoes, accessories, chockies, nic-nacs etc.

Wylie - lol I didn't get anything from Hubby..didn't expect to. 99% of the time it goes back to the shop but he's the most generous man too. If I wanted somehting he'd buy it in a sec. But I'm sure I'd make up for it in the boxing day sales.

Christmas this year was an expensive fare. Spent loads on food and presents for others.

We bought a Nintendo Wii for the family and guess what we did all day? lol boxing was good for burning up the calories.

Bought Josh a few DVD's...he received enough toys from friends and family. He's very spoilt.

Played poker at night.

Hiya,

Santa made a comeback this year, with my one-year-old niece now being a perfect excuse to bring a little more magic to the day. Not that we've ever needed an excuse to indulge the inner child in all of us.

I picked up a few nice toys and managed to avoid a hangover ;), so I was happy. The Sat-nav thing will come in handy when I start driving to Perth tonight. Presents given to others were also well received.

Got some awesome photos, too.

This one's from last week sometime (rather than yesterday), but thought I might share it all the same... Added a little magic to the day for a lot of people, from what I heard, as Dad drove around Melbourne on his way to a Christmas party.

n582189328_210982_4310.jpg

Merry Christmas all.

James.

I cant believe its over for another yr. How quick did those last 5 days just go.

Had a nice time this xmas. My nephew, who is 1 yr old came and stayed at our place with his mum and dad (my brother). The little fella's 1st time staying here and he was great to have over. Such a qt.

Got some great presents from santa this yr. 1 was a little 12 bottle wine fridge I got. Have wanted one for a while and I now have one and YES its now full :D but who knows for how long. Actually I also got a great 10inch digital picture frame which is awsum. but I must say my favourite present was the "godfather 3" dvd which now completes my set and adds to my mafia collection which im obsessed with.

My wife got plenty of clothes, shoes etc etc Big feasts at both my inlaws and my parents place yesterday then a big lunch was just finished here at our place. Ah well time to relax now and have a very quiet night and an early sleep.

Bring on a great 2008 for you all.

Jayro

we tend to spend a quite a bit on the kids - around $700 each this year - but then again, we don't spend anything on them during the year (except for birthdays).

the main present for the two oldest, who are at uni, were shopping centre vouchers as we don't pay for clothes or anything personal for them during the year. the same with junior - spent around $400 on her - she might get the odd toy during the year, but usually has to "make do" between birthday and christmas.

i got an extendable tree trimmer, a red leather suitcase (very nice), some investing books and a remote control helicopter - which is heaps of fun.

hubby got lots of boat and bbq stuff and also a helicopter ... let the dueling begin.

to sidetrack the thread for a moment ... for each of the "boyfriends" for christmas i bought a double pass to the movies - ages 16, 18, 20 - and gave them to the girls to give them from us.

since christmas seen two out of the three boyfriends, and even checked with one of them that they got the present, but am yet to receive a thankyou.

was a $20 double pass a bit stingy? should i have gone for 4 tickets each (2 doubles)? or am i just expecting to much from teenage boys - they are usually very polite and pleasant to talk to.

i'm not affronted because i don't "give" for the "thankyou" - but i am curious as to if it was a stingy present.

Lizzie I dont think that was stingy at all. They should be greatfull at whatever they recieve. I think "thank you" is a must from them I would think. Just manners, when someone gives you something you thank them.

I think it was nice of you to get them all a little something. No matter how old I was my mum would have made me call to say thanks if I wasnt going to see you for sometime to say thanks in person.

Jayro

Back