Social Group for Brisbane Property Investors

you need a feature like events in facebook...where you can hold an event, send out invites and people post whether they're attending or not...it's great.

Getting so close to Christmas now, I am just too busy. My calendar is free for 2008 :)

you need a feature like events in facebook...where you can hold an event, send out invites and people post whether they're attending or not...it's great.

Getting so close to Christmas now, I am just too busy. My calendar is free for 2008 :)
I meet regularly with a Brisbane northside group of about 6 to 7 who are all involved in property investing on a small scale. We meet every second Monday, starting at 7pm. No cost. We are in recess until late January so if anyone is interested in joining, let me know.

I've already sent a private message to one person who is keen to come.

Hi,

I live bayside south, but I am keen to get together whether it is in the city or northside. Perhaps scheduling a time late Jan now, to allow anyone interested to plan post xmas / new year?

Cheers,
Horizon

Hi,

I live bayside south, but I am keen to get together whether it is in the city or northside. Perhaps scheduling a time late Jan now, to allow anyone interested to plan post xmas / new year?

Cheers,
Horizon

Horizon, I've sent you a private message regarding our plans in January. Some of us on the northside will get together for a coffee towards the end of January.

Thanks, Henry!

Thanks to Henry (Nth Brisbanite) for letting several others of us know about his property investors social group. I went for the first time this morning and met a few offline people - who hopefully will join us on SS now! - as well as Grant (Urban Cowboy), Kylie (Letiha), and Sean (Horizon). Great to put faces to at least 4 other names on the forum.

Wow - a whole morning of coffee, good company, and property talk - what more could one want? :D

Thanks to Henry (Nth Brisbanite) for letting several others of us know about his property investors social group. I went for the first time this morning and met a few offline people - who hopefully will join us on SS now! - as well as Grant (Urban Cowboy), Kylie (Letiha), and Sean (Horizon). Great to put faces to at least 4 other names on the forum.

Wow - a whole morning of coffee, good company, and property talk - what more could one want? :D

There were 7 forumites at our gathering today. I also had a great time talking about property, property and more property. Sailesh and Ethann were the other 2 forumites who attended. To be honest, I didn't expect so many to turn up; overall, there were 21 of us with a few hangers-on meaning spouses who don't normally turn up to our regular meetings in the evening.

We hope to start our Tuesday evenings at Eatons Hill (Brisbane northside) on Tuesday 19th February so if anyone is interested, could they please send me an a private message and I'll give you more details

Thanks Nth Brisbanite for the invite to come along to your investing group.

I didn't get to meet with Sailesh or Ethann, but enjoyed the conversation with ozperp, Letiha and Urban Cowboy. Thought I was slipping over the other side of town for an hour or so catch up, when I looked at the watch 3 hours had sailed by! A very enjoyable experience for this PI newb, and I learnt a lot!

Looking forward to the next group catch up.

Cheers,
Horizon

A big thanks to Ross and Henry for organising the event. I had a great time, learnt a few new things and came away very inspired.

Can I suggest that we turn this into a regular event, perhaps quarterly? What do others think?

EC

A big thanks to Ross and Henry for organising the event. I had a great time, learnt a few new things and came away very inspired.

Can I suggest that we turn this into a regular event, perhaps quarterly? What do others think?

EC

Ethann, we will be meeting soon on a fortnightly basis in the evening. We hope to also have coffee together at least once a month

Thanks Nth Brisbanite for the invite to come along to your investing group.

I didn't get to meet with Sailesh or Ethann, but enjoyed the conversation with ozperp, Letiha and Urban Cowboy. Thought I was slipping over the other side of town for an hour or so catch up, when I looked at the watch 3 hours had sailed by! A very enjoyable experience for this PI newb, and I learnt a lot!

Looking forward to the next group catch up.

Cheers,
Horizon

Glad you enjoyed it. Time sure goes fast when you love what you are doing. I too got a shock when I looked at my watch and noticed that 3 hours had flown so quickly. Meeting some of you guys was an inspiration.

Thanks Nth Brisbanite,

I really enjoyed sharing ideas with your group. Everyone, I spoke with is so motivated and willing to share their experiences. I look froward to the next meeting.

Time went by so quickly. Sorry, I could not meet everyone in the group.

If you loved this meeting - and I did, too - then you may want to consider joining another group that I'm involved with who meet fortnightly on a Saturday morning in Wollongabba. We meet in the basement of Caro Mio Cafe, 10:15am. Meetings are $10 for casual attendance (we pay $50 to hire the room) or $70 if you pay an annual membership.

The next meeting is this Saturday the 16th. We have been a group of women investors, but we're now open to men and I know of at least a couple of men who are planning to come Saturday, so don't be shy if you're a gent. ;)

We tend to have one conversation going at once - well, we try, anyway :rolleyes: - and people volunteer to take turns talking about what they're up to. Other group members offer suggestions, advice, referrals to experts, and congratulations and support.

Occasionally we're a bit more formal and have a guest speaker - Michael Matusik comes every year and I believe is coming in May in 08.

Wealth Inspiration Circle

Hope to see some of you there! Or if not, at Ross and Henry's next time!

Back