Somersoft's very own How to Pick Up Chicks Guru

There are many guys that teach this sort of stuff....mainly in the US. It's becoming more and more mainstream now. The name would "Alex Nova" would be a handle.

Can anyone give me some tips on this caper?

I seem to just meet women who want me for all the wrong reasons. I am more than just a sex object. Why do they just treat me like a "himbo"?

IndexFund, are you Alex Nova?

Prolific website you have there and lots of press.
http://www.attractwomen.com.au/media_review_attract_women.html

Seems like you have cornered the sector.
Does this stuff work for guys without Italian accents? :p

Presume there was a good reason for the change from attractchicks.com.au to attractwomen.com.au :rolleyes:

Be interested to know if that is your main job and income source.

Peter Span might appreciate a cold canvas call. ;)

Hi Winston,

Oh no. my disguise got blown... darn signatures.

No unfourtunately (for me) im not Alex, but I do know him and in fact probably better than most on this site as I did a course a while back and got to hang out with him for the weekend.
The course helped me a fair bit hence the sig.

Who is Peter Span? lol

I wonder if there are websites for attracting men ...

They'd be much smaller and make the owners much less money, I imagine.

(actually it *is* a serious problem nowadays, women waiting until they are 30something for Mr Perfect. Most of the advice out there for women seems to run to "don't be overly fussy and reject them in the first 5 seconds because of something inane when in reality they are probably really nice guys")

I wonder if there are websites for attracting men ...

They'd be much smaller and make the owners much less money, I imagine.

(actually it *is* a serious problem nowadays, women waiting until they are 30something for Mr Perfect. Most of the advice out there for women seems to run to "don't be overly fussy and reject them in the first 5 seconds because of something inane when in reality they are probably really nice guys")

The sky's the limit... but from what I understand and seen, men usually need more dating help.

Most of the advice out there for women seems to run to "don't be overly fussy and reject them in the first 5 seconds because of something inane when in reality they are probably really nice guys"
Probably because that's what most of the single women that I know seem to do!

"There aren't any good ones left!" they moan. Yet you find them a perfectly good one, and after seeing a tiny photo, or meeting them on the street for a few seconds, you get feedback "I don't usually go for guys with dark hair", "I don't usually go for fair-haired guys", "he's too short", "he's too tall", "he's got issues from his previous relationships", "he hasn't had any serious relationships and I'm concerned that shows a lack of ability to commit" ;), "I didn't feel any chemistry" (from the photo!), "he's so gorgeous, what's wrong with him that I can't see?", "he's too young", "he's too old", etc.

I do hear people say that many single women only want a guy with money, but in fairness I must say that I truly don't think that applies to the single women that I know. But many of them are infuriatingly superficial about appearances, age, history, etc, when sizing up a man. They also attribute their lack of a mate to superficial things, and spend excessive time/money on the gym, cosmetics, expensive clothing, etc. Yeah, that's the reason they haven't found somebody - they don't look cute enough. :rolleyes:

Eventually, you give up...

Probably because that's what most of the single women that I know seem to do!
I love being right :cool:

Maybe that's why my other half was single when I met him - or rather, stumbled across him in an obscure corner of the internet that had absolutely nothing to do with dating. Lets see ... no previous relationships, unemployed bum still living at home with mum, no money, too young (some friends of mine asked our birthdays to put in their birthday book, did the math on the years, and called me a cradle snatcher). Cute though. I like blondes.

He'll be a lot richer on paper next month when our first IP settles. We're on the title as joint tenants :)

ozperp, it almost sounds a case of beggars cant be choosers?
No, no, not at all - that's what my girlfriends sometimes hear me say, too - but that's not at all what I'm saying. :)

Everybody should be very choosy about their life partner - but choosy based on valid criteria. ;)

Just as we wouldn't reject an investment property because it had - I dunno - an odd street number instead of an even one, or because we didn't like the colour of the letterbox, neither should a prospective life partner be rejected for irrelevant reasons.

Many single women think they want a man with certain physical characteristics (height, hair colour, eye colour, etc), age, history, etc. What I'm saying is that these are the wrong criteria. What they really want is a man who loves them for who they are, is emotionally stable, who is a good companion, and shares their values, etc.

Your chances of finding all these attributes, when you screen based on different criteria altogether, are close to zero!

Many single women think they want a man with certain physical characteristics (height, hair colour, eye colour, etc), age, history, etc. What I'm saying is that these are the wrong criteria. What they really want is a man who loves them for who they are, is emotionally stable, who is a good companion, and shares their values, etc.

I'lll bite.....

The door does swing both ways. I know guys that are fussy. No blondes who adore astrology and have a long haired cat(s).....

PS. No teddy bears on the bed either.

I'lll bite.....

The door does swing both ways. I know guys that are fussy. No blondes who adore astrology and have a long haired cat(s).....

PS. No teddy bears on the bed either.
Hey, I agree - I just don't hear many guys complaining that there are no eligible ladies.

And hey, any woman who keeps teddy bears on the bed, talks astrology with a man, and expects a man to love her long-haired cat is just ASKING to be a lifelong spinster. ;) And more power to a woman who wants that. But don't complain that there are no good men out there!!!! :p

I could tell the tale of when I was out golfing with a few mates a few years ago and one of em said to me - 'do you know what I think' - and I said - 'no because your wife isnt here to tell you'.

Didnt go over too well. but man it was funny.

HAHA!!...thats great. i know a few mates that i could say that to. They used to be independent guys too. Its amazing how some men let women change them.

Anyway, i did quite a bit of dating years ago and i reckon if one woman or man doesn't like you....no worries...move on. But if a lot of women/men don't like you and you cant find a partner, theres something wrong with you and you need to change.

If you don't change then live with the consequences....singledom. Simple.

By the way, i don't know too much about this stuff but is that an affiliate site?

I could tell the tale of when I was out golfing with a few mates a few years ago and one of em said to me - 'do you know what I think' - and I said - 'no because your wife isnt here to tell you'.

Didnt go over too well. but man it was funny.

I agree with you ozperp!

I have a friend who's just hit her thirties and she's been complaining for years about the difficulty in finding a good man.

She's a very attractive and intelligent woman by anyone's measure so most people can't seem to understand why she's still single.

BUT, get to know her and she's the pickiest girl around (not to mention the biggest ball breaker around too)! She'll size a guy up in the first half hour of a date and completely write him off, and over the stupidest little things sometimes.

I read a fantastic Perspective article in the Weekend Fin Review about a month ago about women being far to picky about their MUST HAVE list. It suggested that women should tone it down a bit and learn to take the good with the bad; afterall, there really is no such thing as perfect and there's nothing wrong with "settling" on a few of the items on their list.

I ended up sending it her with a comment about heeding what the article said, and copped it.

My opinion: what makes you think you're so bloody special to have a list as long as your arm, then write someone off just because they don't meet every single one of your MUST HAVES?? Grow up and accept the package as a whole or suffer a life of endlessly searching for the holy grail in partners that simply doesn't exist.

Back