Sound only coming from one headphone on iphone 4s

Hi everyone,

I've just got a new iphone and the sound is only coming from one headphone instead of two. Initially, the headphones worked well. I wonder if there is a setting I may have inadvertently changed?

The headphones are fine as they work in my ipod.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards Jason.

Best thing you can do is take it back to the Apple store. They will replace it straight away, no questions asked, if there's a fault.

Best thing you can do is take it back to the Apple store. They will replace it straight away, no questions asked, if there's a fault.

Yes, ok. Only prob is I'm going overseas shortly and wanted it for my trip. Perhaps I will have to put up with the problem until I return. I thought someone may know of a setting that I haven't discovered that may have been wrongly engaged (eg balance setting or the like).

There is one on the ipod - but I can't find one on the iphone.

Regards Jason.

Yes, ok. Only prob is I'm going overseas shortly and wanted it for my trip. Perhaps I will have to put up with the problem until I return. I thought someone may know of a setting that I haven't discovered that may have been wrongly engaged (eg balance setting or the like).

Make an appointment to see an Apple genius online. Take your phone into the store, and they will replace it within 5 minutes...on the spot.

Make an appointment to see an Apple genius online. Take your phone into the store, and they will replace it within 5 minutes...on the spot.

Yep, as long as it is in your name and you can prove you own it, they will replace anything that is a hardware fault. Unless you have dropped it in water etc. If it has been for a swim, then tell them it has, cause they can tell. :)

Unless you bought it from the Online Apple Store - in which case you have to mail it back to them (they won't replace in a store). Then expect a delay as when they lose it, and miscount the number of items in the package. Well that was my experience anyway :)

Regards,

Jason

Unless you bought it from the Online Apple Store - in which case you have to mail it back to them (they won't replace in a store). Then expect a delay as when they lose it, and miscount the number of items in the package. Well that was my experience anyway :)

Really? That's stupid.

The standard headphones with the iphone are pretty ordinary.

If you can, shell out for a pair of Sennheisers with noise cancellation.

You will hear your music completely differently

Really? That's stupid.

Dont think its the case Aaron, bought iphone 4s online, only speaker worked couldnt hear when not on speaker so took into iphone store, replaced on spot, new one ready to go in about 15 minutes. Just made an appointment with genius like you said and didn't buy it in a store.

Yep, as long as it is in your name and you can prove you own it, they will replace anything that is a hardware fault. Unless you have dropped it in water etc. If it has been for a swim, then tell them it has, cause they can tell. :)
That's pretty cool.. my Ipod just started to play music out of one channel too.. although it's nearly 7yrs old now.

When you say "in your name" do they accept name engraving on the back? :p getting an invoice off ebay could be tricky..

Check to see if some pocket fluff has worked its way into the socket. Mine did the same thing, one ear only, a poke around with a thin object pulled out a bit of fluff and all was well again. If there's a foreign object lurking in there it will stop your headphone jack making contact will all the bits inside the socket that it needs to for stereo.

Regards,

Jason

maybe in sydney it does but changed mine twice at the chadstone apple store.. for iphone 3 and iphone 4

That's pretty cool.. my Ipod just started to play music out of one channel too.. although it's nearly 7yrs old now.

When you say "in your name" do they accept name engraving on the back? :p getting an invoice off ebay could be tricky..

pretty sure that 7 years will be out of warranty! I am not sure that they will give warranty to online purchases anyways.

Apple have fantastic service when in warranty, and terrible service once you are out of warranty, and it costs the bomb. Most apple products are not worth repairing once out of warranty.

Back