Speaking Fluent Mandarin

A second language is great especially when travelling.

What a shame you would have to go to HK to improve your language;)

That is a shame indeed, but don't beat yourself over it, you're not alone buddy.

Lucky enough, I have been blessed, I am a qualified translator
I can tell you this much, at very high level of Mandarin / English, it is very difficult to interpret details accurately, especially at times when you had to translate political details for the president

I remember clearly as a child, all the other kids were so ashamed to speak in their mother tongue and they all refused to use it, as time goes by, they all had forgotten.. What a shame indeed..
Most of them today regrets their decision

Wish I had that skill. I completely suck at languages. I have Chinese (Cantonese speaking) parents and really don't speak the language after starting learning probably 18 years years ago. I can only speak basic Mandarin too after learning for 6 years or so (on and off). I probably would have to go and live in HK to improve the Chinese... Force myself to use it...

We have limited knowledge of the human brain, if we are able to unlock 100% of the human brain, who knows what is capable

There is a hollywood movie out now "Lucy?", something about a girl who is able to use more of her brain or something or rather

I saw Lucy at the movies the other day. Interesting. I believe in reincarnation. I think this boy was Chinese in a past life. I think that the accident stimulated that part of his brain that retained memories from that previous incarnation.

Back