Spring Market - SA

Hi,

Just looking at listing activity/stock levels and was wondering what peoples thoughts are between now and Christmas. In the beach side suburbs of Adelaide Spring has been pretty much the same as Winter so far in terms of new listings each week.

Have we seen the busiest period of Spring or will the number of properties being listed for sale gain momentum? I know next weekend is along weekend here in SA so it will probably be a slow week, just wondering if people think it will be more of the same after that, a gradual slowdown until December or a increased activity until late Nov/early Dec.

Hi,

Just looking at listing activity/stock levels and was wondering what peoples thoughts are between now and Christmas. In the beach side suburbs of Adelaide Spring has been pretty much the same as Winter so far in terms of new listings each week.

Have we seen the busiest period of Spring or will the number of properties being listed for sale gain momentum? I know next weekend is along weekend here in SA so it will probably be a slow week, just wondering if people think it will be more of the same after that, a gradual slowdown until December or a increased activity until late Nov/early Dec.

Last I spoke with agent he couldn't get enough properties.

Quality stock going in the first few weeks.

Old stock returning to the market and getting sold.

Auction prices well above expectations.

My experience "in the trenches" also indicates that the market is definitely more active and there is more sales activity across the board, particularly in the outer suburbs. Also at the cheaper end of the premium suburbs. I'm expecting more stock and more activity after the long weekend and after the end of school holidays.
rp data reports that Adelaide house sales over the past three months are currently estimated to be 13.8% higher (units 22% higher) than they were over the three months to June 2012.
Cheers,

I'm expecting more stock and more activity after the long weekend and after the end of school holidays.
Cheers,

All still seems very quiet out there for spring in Adelaide, not a huge number of new listings (similar to winter levels). Are we now in wind down mode until Christmas?

Back