Stamp duty in case of transfer to an EX partner

Hi, my partner and I have broken up. I understand we can get some sort of document to avoid stamp duty in the case of a defacto partnership and transferring/ie refinancing properties between us. Does there need to be one document for each property as we may use different financiers?
Anyone know if its just a stat dec or do we need to get something from a court? We are in Vic, the properties concerned are in other states and some in VIC. Should i contact the titles office in the relevant states? We are hoping to be able to do this ourselves wihtout expensive solicitors. - just use conveyancers for the necessary transfers..

Last edited:
Hi there
what you need are basically consent orders that deal with each of the properties - I note that defacto's are now dealt with similar to family court matters - you can look at the Family law website for DIY kits - you really should get it finalised with a lawyer who does deal with family law matters - so all bases are covered. Once the consent orders are sorted - you should be able to organise the transfers without incurring stamp duty
thanks

Back