State of the Market

Hi All
Brand newbie!! JS Creating Wealth inspired me to buy my first IP (just spent the last 2hrs reading the PIF and now know a little of the jargon) about 5yrs ago, unfortunately a meriton apartment that has shown very poor CG but is CF+ so I am a happy little investor! Now I have 4 properties and bless the day I read Jan's book.

I am now looking keenly for a new IP and am a little scared by the state of the market. It started a couple of weeks ago when my beautiful wife got us tickets to go to a free NII seminar which was obviously just a clever advert for their $15,000 RE course. It scared the hell out of me that they had put over 10,000 people through this course who have been encouraged to go insanly into the market and buy, buy, buy. Surely this is distorting the market.

I spoke to a couple of good(!) RE agents who say there is a market correction -- with a downward preasure on rents -- happening but is not widely advertised as (for e.g.) SMH gets 25% of it income through RE Adverts (much like Paul Clit's Money Mag gets 80% of his money through Adverts for managed funds). I was advised not to buy in the Syd market for now but should look up the coast for CG opportunities.

I would be very interested if anybody has anything to say through personal experiences regarding the current 'State of the Market'.

If every man and his dog is madly buying Investment RE isn't inevitable that we will end up with a severe shortage of people left to rent these properties?

I have been told repeadedly that I am very lucky to have tenents in my Sydney properties. Is this something that is going to continue to get worse?

Back