Stationary as tax deduction

What is the maximum stationary amount that you can claim as deductions without receipts?
I couldn't find it on the ATO website.
Thanks

A stationer sells "stationery". A car, a bus, even a whole economy could become stationary...bit worried if it became stationery though..

Maybe change the spelling of the word in the ATO search engine.

A stationer sells "stationery". A car, a bus, even a whole economy could become stationary...bit worried if it became stationery though..

Maybe change the spelling of the word in the ATO search engine.

A pet peeve of mine too.
Stationary = stay; stationery = pen

And is there a maximum amount specified for stationery? I doubt it!

Hey Daniela, I've been getting the two mixed up since I was in school. I was mildly dyslexic, too, just as an added bonus.
I'm KO now, though :)

What is the maximum stationary amount that you can claim as deductions without receipts?
Thanks

Why can't you get receipts - you just need to look carefully around the floor of shopping centres just outside newsagents and post offices :eek:;)

Cheers,

The Y-man

Claims of $300 or less do not need written evidence, you can make reasonable estimates however the ATO may ask you to explain why your claim is reasonable based on your occupation.

If your Work Related Expenses are over $300 you will need to provide written evidence for example tax invoice; evidence of payment from bank statement or original receipts. The ATO website states that if your work related expenses are over $300, you can record evidence of the expense yourself if the "expenses of $10 each or less, providing the total of these expenses is not more than $200"

All work related expenses must have been actually incurred and not reimbursed.

Isn't the original post asking about stationery for an Investment Property though? Which would be different for an occupational related claim.

Thanks

Nothing showing the original post was specifically for investment properties. Not sure if you could apply the ATO's ruling for no receipts from work-related expenses for rental income expenses¿

Back