Steve Navra: Continuity

Dear Forum Members,

Many have requested some form of continuity of the educational services I offered in this forum . . . as such I am working on creating a medium that will allow these who are interested the opportunity to have their questions answered; and also to be able to access some of the articles I write.

If you would like to stay in touch, please add your name to the list by e-mailing me at: [email protected]

I will endeavor to the best of my ability to continue to provide investment educational insights to whomever wishes to be a part of this group.

My reasons for not continuing to actively participate on this forum are:

• This is strictly speaking a PROPERTY forum and it has been mentioned that Ian and Jan Somers would prefer that shares not be a part of the discussions. It is true that the integral component of the structure that I recommend is property, but in order to create balance and diversification, shares too are necessary. It is thus unfair to the Somersoft owners that I continually include and promote discussion about shares. (even if just as a part of the overall structure)
  • After many years of devoted enjoyment, the unpleasant interaction from the few who continuously demean my methodology and my sincere commitment to providing the free education has left me feeling totally downhearted. My joy in interacting with the many of you who posed questions and debate has turned to despair in having to continually fend off personal attack. (I found myself defending personal attacks more often than presenting actual education.)
I will with the moderator’s permission continue to post the dates of forthcoming Navra Structure courses in “Meeting Point” (For these who might be interested.)

I will with the moderator’s permission continue to post the quarterly Fund results in “Coffee Lounge” (Simply because there are many forum members who have invested in the fund.)

I remain committed to each and every one of you who wish for some continuity in terms of continued investment education. (I am deeply sorry if I have disappointed anyone by no longer wishing to actively contribute here.)

My sincerest gratitude to all for your indulgence,

Steve Navra

Fund Results 01/07/2004 to 21/03/2005

Net fund return:

Retail: 21.74%

Wholesale 21.64%

Current Unit Price: 1.1648 (CG of 16.48%)

Distributions to date: (2 Quarters)

Retail: 6.59%

Wholesale 6.79%

The distribution this quarter ending March 05 will be a minimum of 4%

3 Quarters total distribution will thus be at least 10.59 % (Retail) and 10.79 % (Wholesale)

Last edited:
It will be the forums loss. Some cannot concieve alternative positions and they are narrow minded and the poorer for it. I believe that forums should be about an opening of minds, those that are closed please don't attend.
As I heard Bill Zheng say -
"What will I be when I am not afraid"

I think you know how I feel about this Steve...I really hope that one day down the line you reconsider your position and "come back". But I understand your reasoning. This is the forums loss.

MANY thanks for all your contributions to the Forum Steve.

There's been a few 'iconic' contributors to the Forum who have definitely helped make this Site the high quality Site it is today. However I think I would get little or no argument in saying you have definitely been one of the top contributors in this very select group.

I'm sure Sim has the stats from post numbers, thread stars, through to kudos received to back up the fact that you have earnt the respect of all here.

Personally I hope this will be a 'short break' from the Forum for you rather than a permanent departure, but for now.......all the very best.

:)

Hi all
Well, you win some and you lose some, although sometimes you lose the wrong ones.

BTW Just settled on an IP on Monday, and would not have been able to do it without input from this forum, in particular, Steve Navra, etc due to serviceability concerns. Thanks

I would think that anyone investing in property is not doing the same thing now, they did 10 years ago, or the same way. Guess it comes down to making informed decisions about ALL the options that are available.
My 2c worth.
PS I still like the tag at the end of my post
Jahn

Steve,

Let me cannon other members comments and say that your input on the forum will be very sadly missed. It is unfortunate that a few egos can spoil what was such an invaluable resource to this community. As a new contributor I am especially saddened by your leaving as I have already learnt so much from your previous posts.

Take care....
ArJay :)

Hi Steve

Good luck with your journey into the future and thank you so much for the wonderful contribution that you have made to this forum. It will not be as good without you.

Dale

Steve

It is disappointing to see another "serious" forum contributor leave.

It is interesting to look back 4 or 5 years and remember those who used to contribute reglularly and who are no longer around. Particularly since some left because of continual "jibes" from others.

People should remember that there is no one correct way do do anything (OK most things) especially investment.

Nature is pretty smart. If things don't serve a purpose they fade away (like Henry Kay :D ), but we all have different needs at differnt times of our lives and we should politely accept others views.

Last edited:
I feel the forum is a big loser with Steve's decision, but fully support him in any decision he feels he has to make.

I think healthy debate is an excellent way of sorting things out/learning new things, but maybe we should all have a think about the way we word our posts. There are ways of addressing other forum members without the sarcasm etc. Leave the B.S to other forums. If more members in the league of Steve decided not to grace us with information on this forum, it sort of defeats the purpose, doesn't it.

Stay happy all
Marty

Definitely a loss for this forum :(
Thankyou Steve for all your contributions so far and your seemingly endless attention to individual posts and details. I, too, understand your rationale for leaving, though I, along with many others, want you to publicly know that I have greatly appreciated the care and effort that has gone into your posts. Your generosity of time and information has benefited so many on this forum, myself included. Your knowledge, experience and capacity to share has been a huge bonus for this forum and I'm only sorry that things could have been different (Why did it take you sooo long to find that IGNORE button?!!!!)
You have always been a gentleman :) and will be sorely missed!

Steve, terrible news for a rainy Sydney day !

Personally I have learnt a TONNE from all your posts and it's really sad to see such an HONEST man with a SOLID track record and SO MUCH EXPERIENCE in investing depart.

I do however respect your decision of no longer actively participating here. I look forward to hearing more about your other medium in order to keep learning.

Your posts will be missed by the many who do value your investment structures/ ideas/ opinions/ views.

Steve,
its a pity some people overlook the time,and resourses you provided,
on a daily basis i will miss your professional and individual comments..
thankyou.
willair......

It is indeed a loss

... though not complete. I read somewhere that you will still lurk around and even assist via PM, etc. So perhaps it's not so much severance as a change in participation style. Certainly my name is down on your list for email service.

This is a forum of humans, so this unfortunate result will occur at times.
Rather than morn your loss I'd like to celebrate your contribution thus far.
While looking forward to future direct or indirect contributions.
If I was talking to my children I may tell them that "uncle Steve is now looking over us as a guardian angel".

Thank's Steve, your contributions have really challenged my beliefs, and as a result changed the way I think about actions of a rational investor! And if there is not a stronger reason for being a member of the forum than that, I cannot think of it.

Last edited:
Steve Navra said:
My joy in interacting with the many of you who posed questions and debate has turned to despair in having to continually fend off personal attack. (I found myself defending personal attacks more often than presenting actual education.)

This a great loss to the forum and it would also seem quite sad for Steve personally. In all interactions with both Steve and his company, I can honestly say their level of Integrity and willingness to help/support their clients is second to none. Good luck with setting up the new information medium. I am sure you will be inundated with many people who value the information you provide, whether they choose to use any or all strategies you discuss.

Regards
Andrew
ps is the DCT presentation on 12th April still going ahead?

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your informative and educational posts to this forum...they have been very much appreciated.

Glenn Mott

Steve
Thank you so much for your contribution over the time I've participated in the forum. You have helped so many people along their investment journey and you certainly helped me enormously with mine. I even flew down from Darwin to hear you talk in Bris Vegas (if anyone has the chance it's a very good investment).

Good luck with your future challenges.
Thanks a bunch
Amanda

Steve

It is very sad to see you leave. I don't post much on the forum, but always come home from work and jump on the computer to fill my mind with knowledge from the somersoft forum. The biggest benefit i have received from being here is that I have come across you, and your company. Your patience, persistance, knowledge, and sheer determination to help others has been outstanding. I just don't know how you lasted as long as you have. You must be congratulated for all your efforts.

Thank you!

Stevec.

Steve,
I have only been a member for a short time but in that time I have appreciated the education you have provided, it has totally changed my investment philosophy.
Thankyou for all the time and effort you have put into this forum, your contributions will sorely be missed.
All the best
Theresa

Back