Streets to avoid in Blacktown, Seven Hills and Doonside

OK, the area between Pank Pde and Becharry does have more Dept of Housing homes than some investors would be comfortable with. Why not ask the agent for a printout or aerial map of the immediate area (including Robyn and McClean Sts) with owners names and you might be in a better position to draw conclusions? I'm not able to provide this information on a public forum (for obvious reasons) however more DD is required here. This isn't to say it's a bad buy- I've looked at and considered houses for buyers in this street before but you need to be aware of who your neighbours are. Best of luck with the impending purchase.

Thanks Jacque. I am particularly interested in 14 Becharry Road Blacktown. Appreciate your feedback.

A quick squiz shows no dept of housing owned properties on Becharry Rd, and #14 has not been sold in a very long time (no trades going back as far as my search tool has access to).

McClean St has 9 public housing properties that I can see.

A quick squiz shows no dept of housing owned properties on Becharry Rd, and #14 has not been sold in a very long time (no trades going back as far as my search tool has access to).

An aerial map will provide more information- and you also need to consider other surrounding features such as parks etc.

An aerial map will provide more information- and you also need to consider other surrounding features such as parks etc.

Yep. Nothing wrong with public housing if they are well maintained and provided to good people, not all public housing is rusted out kingswoods on the front lawns and screaming matches 24x7 :)

Street View will give a good idea of whats up, as will some drive by's on a fri and sat night around 10pm

Of more caution though is Robyn St behind which has a high number of public housing houses.

Hi DaveM,

Just wondering which search tool you use to get access to this information?

34 Robyn st was on the market for many month with price guide of only 330k towards the end. Was really tempted as an investment as it was 50k cheaper than any other st.

Back