StreetTRACKS S&P/ASX 200 Fund units

Just need some advise about the units of above fund.

I have been given an option to either cash my investment or receive it in units of above fund and just wondering what is the best option for me.

The investment amount is $5000.00 and I expect to get $5250.

Scenario 1 Cashing out: I will have to pay tax of $37.50 (because it is deemed to be capital growth under PDS) and pocket $5212.50 and look for other investment opportunities.

Scenario 2 Receive in StreetTRACKS S&P/ASX 200 units to the value of $5250. This option will defer my tax.

But I do not know much about above fund. How do you sell units of the fund and how liquid is it? Can you use any cheap internet broker to sell? What is the prospective growth? Is this just like shares or units of LPT?

Only thing I know about StreetTRACKS is that if you want to invest in it you have to have minimum of $100,000 (from the prospectus I received earlier this year) so may be if I do not need the money immediately I can receive it in StreetTRACKS units and see what happens. Can someone direct me to a site where I can see the historical unit price or something?

Many of you may ask what is my financial goal before they can give appropriate advice.

I am thinking of buying an investment property this year-early next year for around $250-300K in Sydney and have deposit to secure the property. (Rent it out for 1 year, move in for 6 months, claim all FHOG benefits) If I do cash it then it will have no immediate use. May be into the offset when I eventually move into the property.

Can you give me some suggestions?

Hi,

Im guessing you have 100 units, because the current price of these units is $50.62 today.

They are listed on the asx, so you can sell them using any online broker etc.

Volume today was 24,000 so you would get rid of your 100 no worries. A fair spread in the price,(50.05 bid, 50.72 offer) but you would get filled no problems.

Having said that, this fund seems to just keep going up, so it might be worth holding.

Current dividend yeild is about 4.8% pa.

Cheers
mono

Hi,

Im guessing you have 100 units, because the current price of these units is $50.62 today.

Current dividend yeild is about 4.8% pa.

Cheers
mono

Thanks for the info Monopoly.

I do not have the units in StreetTracks but I have the option of receiving them instead of cash under PDS when my current investment expires to defer paying tax until StreetTracks units are disposed. (I was just chucking my money into any investments that had capital guaratee plus a return better than bank when I first started- scared of managed funds, scared of shares, scared of anything because I had no knowledge- return is about 15% in 18 months).

Back