Studio investment at upper west side in melbourne

Property is about location i believe n not size n land alone. Ur piece of land will never hv the postal code 3000. It is like comparing a expensive apt in fifth ave new York n a house sitting on a big piece of land in the suburbs , two different asset class n type of pty
You should buy the prime "land" (ahem, air space) asap so my land (better located than your air space of course) keeps going up in value.

Quick. Put the deposit down.

Property is about location i believe n not size n land alone. Ur piece of land will never hv the postal code 3000. It is like comparing a expensive apt in fifth ave new York n a house sitting on a big piece of land in the suburbs , two different asset class n type of pty

The thing is your apartment isn't an expensive fifth ave NY apartment. You're comment is flawed.

That's right. Have you put a deposit down yet?

Before you do that, next time you should check your spelling so it's a bit more legible, rather than typing in a fit of rage.

yup best to reconsider signing the contract

many ppl have been burned by OTP sales but the ones that were burn were able to bail out if they bought in the early 2000 or late 90s for OTP apartments where else they could downsides to buying now at those prices.

i personally have bought and sold many apartments in melbourne over the last 10 years some bought and kept for 3-4 years some bought and sold over 3 months and the smallest i have ever bought was 86sqms for a 2 bedder.

@MelbournIan - just check with you if tower 1 uws is still considered otp as there r ppl living in it or renting already? Just curious why u went up to 86sm, must be quite expensive. Actually if I had a choice I would buy resale n not from developer, but that is the problem when I am not an Australian.

Hi, this is my first post. Need opinion on the mentioned development. I recently booked but have not signed contract for a 36sm studio for aud300k which includes stamp duty, a 5k furniture package n rental guarantee of 6.5% for first year.

I need to know if it is better to pay off the unit outright or take a loan? As a foreigner I heard that rental income tax is 28%, would taking a loan significantly reduce the tax or it is negligible?

As I have not signed the contract , I appreciate any positive or negative comments on whether I should go ahead with the deal. My unit is in tower 1 at mid floor.

Thanks

^^^^^^^^^^

Kandinsky, you have to understand that the postcode 3000 is not particularly prestigious. Generally, Aussies (of all ethnic backgrounds) prefer houses. The real blue chip areas, the real postcodes that you want, in any Australian capital city, are suburbs that are close to the CBD, with big houses, established gardens, cafe culture, boutique shopping, etc.

As a foreigner I know you are limited to buying new developments, but that doesn't mean you should buy a shoebox in the CBD just because that's all you can buy. Put your money somewhere else.

If I can't buy a bar of gold, I don't go out and buy a lump of lead instead. What you keep asking is equivalent to asking 'Is this a fair price to pay for this lump of lead'. It might be, but that doesn't mean you should buy it.

*I don't know anything about mineral prices, so please excuse me if there's actually a booming market for lead and my analogy is completely out of whack, but I think you know what I'm getting at, right?

Icic, so almost everyone here gathers I should just forfeit my booking fee of aud5k...hmmmm...I should have just avoided the pty exhibition altogether

Back