Sub division

Hi interesting in buying house with sub dividable block.
Is there any other costs besides council fees? More stamp duty? Any tips from people who have done it. I'm looking in Christie's beach area.

Council Infrastructure charges $27,000 for a new lot of vacant land, surveyors fees, plan sealing fees, new water and sewerage connections to each lot. Possibly a new crossover, depending on the delegate.

To start would I be better (easier) with corner block, found one house can be sub divided Into 3 keeping house but would all share same driveway so may be hard to sell land.

Yes yes yes Corner blocks are so much better for subdivision (if you can get your hands on one as they are more popular too)

Hammerhead blocks waste 100m sq of land for a driveway, plus the extra costs of running services (sewer, gas, water, electricity, phone) down the length and then paving it will either put off buyers or decrease value.

Other costs not already mentioned:

Removal of any solid structures in the back yard you are subdividing off ie. old shed, concrete, trees- $90 per hour to hire a small excuvator plus dumping fees (we had a 7m x 4m shed to get rid of, gave the shed away on Gum Tree, a young couple came and dismantled it, but the trees and contrete base still cost $2500 all up for a bloke to excavate and take to dump).

Puting up a fence along the new boundary line, won't cost much, we did 20m ourselves with $1000 worth of colourbond but it was hard work to DIY.

Thanks guys so what's next best as I will keep looking for cbr block overtime but seems needs buildings to be knocked down on most I've seen to subdivide

Back