Subfloor Ducted ventilation recommendations

Hi all,
I have a house in outer western Sydney and am looking for recommendations on anyone who can install ducted subfloor ventilation systems at a cheap price. I have a 4 bedroom fibro house with a bit of a mould issue and various independent inspectors have advised this is what I need. Computer fans and air-bricks won't be enough apparently.
As it's only a cheap house I don't want to spend a fortune, and I've seen some quotes for round $3000 which sounds like robbery. Any thoughts or experience with good supplier/installers??
Regards,
Matt

...ducted subfloor ventilation systems...

When I first read this I thought you meant ducted heating or air-conditioning, but on a re-read I think you mean sub-floor ventilation for the under-house area.

BTW $3,000 would be reasonable price for ducted heating. Not sure I'd be putting it in for a property renting less that $1,000 per week.

Before spending money on active ventilation, look at making sure all the passive options are done (otherwise the active ventilation will be less effective).

IMHO look into the basics first: fix gutters and downpipes to make sure water is being taken away and is not running down around or under the house; clear gardens that are directly against the building, replace with grass or pebbles; ensure that the natural flow of water is away from the house, put drains in to move water away if necessary; make holes in the under-floor area to improve the ventilation. Lastly, make sure the roof is not leaking into the ceiling, that the bathroom has an exhaust fan that vents the damp air outside the house (not into the roof cavity) and there are no leaks from the wet areas.

Hi Vaughan
thanks for taking the time to reply.
I've certainly done many of those things, including $3500 to ensure roof gutters are draining away from the house. And I've made sure when the bathroom light comes on the fan is also activated.
The house is elevated about 2ft from the ground on brick at the front of the house only, and brick stumps everywhere else.
The water still seems to be sitting against the brick at the front of the house after rain and with only floor boards above this 2ft drop, the humid air tends to come into the house at that point. Maybe passive air bricks will work, but it's a tough call.

Back