Suncorp Specials

Hi,
Suncorp have still got one of the cheapest 3yr and 5yr fixed rates available.

Quote Suncorp:
3 year Fixed Rate of 6.49% - combined with $0 Loan Establishment Fee offer
5 year Fixed Rate of 6.89% combined with $0 Loan Establishment Fee offer
Unquote Suncorp
All rates quoted are indicative.

You can secure these rates at time of application for a preiod of 90-days when paying a 0.15% rate lock-in fee upfront (cheque or credit card).

Yeah, I locked in a $250k loan with Suncorp in January, fixed for 3 years at 6.49%. I thought it was good deal at the time. Thanks Rolf for the confirmation.

Rolf, Suncorp still don't allow you to use a HDT on an IP purchase contract (and loan under under the individuals name) on their lo-doc loans do they ?

perky29 said:
Rolf, Suncorp still don't allow you to use a HDT on an IP purchase contract (and loan under under the individuals name) on their lo-doc loans do they ?

They did for me but it wasn't for a lo-doc loan. Bought the property in my HDT; I took out the loan in my name to buy the Units in the HDT with Suncorp using the property as security. This is the second time I have done this and experienced no problems.

I will let Rolf or someone else anwser the lo-doc question.

Rolf Schaefer said:
Unfortunately these rates are no longer available. Suncorp increased their rates today.
A quick glance at Infochoice shows almost all the lowest fixed rates have increased for periods 1yr thru 5yrs.

Longer term 7yrs-15 yrs rates appear to remain unmoved.

We have a home loan with suncorp with 5.99% fixed intro rate for 1 yr, then it will be variable rate for 3 years.

Can we get suncorp to change it to 3 year fix rate instead ? How much would be the fees. I know it's better to contact Suncorp about these details , but it's midnite and I can't wait till morning to get this question out of my mind :)

Should I wait till the end of the introductory rate period , and then make the changes or should we fix the rates now ?

The bad thing is, when we were looking for a home loan, we knew we wanted a fix rate ( for peace of mind) but don't know how we ended up with a variable rate!!! It was our first home loan application and we just basically accepted all the conditions without really looking at all the details and fine prints! :(

cheers

Zee,
it looks like you have got a so-called "Honeymoon Rate" which reverts (unfortunately) to the higher standard variable rate after 1 years.

You may want to talk to Suncorp or your broker to see what can be done.

If you have to pay break fees (which is normally part of the small print ) talk to your broker or to one of the brokers here on the forum.

Back