Sunshine Coast

My.wife and I are in the market for our first IP. Max around 450k. Have recently.posted re: Redcliffe peninsular which.is where we've been.focusing our attention, but are interested in thoughts on the Sunshine Coast for hospital/education/airport factors? Looking.at Nambour, Sippy downs - any other suggestions? Ok with neg geared but aiming for good >5% yield, low vacancy rates but primarily good capital growth..thoughts?

My.wife and I are in the market for our first IP. Max around 450k. Have recently.posted re: Redcliffe peninsular which.is where we've been.focusing our attention, but are interested in thoughts on the Sunshine Coast for hospital/education/airport factors? Looking.at Nambour, Sippy downs - any other suggestions? Ok with neg geared but aiming for good >5% yield, low vacancy rates but primarily good capital growth..thoughts?

Hi there, I have an IP in Buderim - done well and capital growth prospects are positive with the infrastructure development in the area will the university and significant land development. On the yield side - low vacancy rates which is driving the development in the area.

Like anywhere - do you research and choose the right area - I have some reports on the area which I can happily share and have provided to other Sunshine Coast investors on the forum.

Cheers, Ivan

Thanks Ivan, so do you think for the <450k range Sippy downs, Maroochydore or Nambour are good prospects (thinking 3-4 bed house)? I'd love to have a look at your reports for the area.

I love the Sunshine Coast, I was just there on the weekend. When it comes to investing there, I haven't. Main reason is a abundance of land, there is vacant land everywhere. Unless you can buy somewhere special where there is a shortage. I was going to say waterfront but they are making new waterfront (canal) properties all the time. ;)

Last edited:
I think overall, now is about the best time to get into the market

Obviously good ones only though

Its been a volatile ride but I think the worst is behind us

Sunshine coast has allready roughly gone up 10% in the last year, some areas obviously better than others. Blocks that could be devloped etc have been snapped up real quick when they hit the market, whereas go back a year or more and they had been mostly sitting around like stale grog. Certainly there is much yeast being added to the market.

Billie 40
I have seen great cap growth in Sunshine Coast and am very bullish on the area. You can PM and I can give you more details on Caloundra.

The medical precinct is raising the average wages in the area. There is also a Huge Town Center Planned, but 5 years away. It still underpins confidence.

Jerry Parker

Back