Superannuation recommendation

We just got a contract.

Its the kind of contract that could pay out our mortgage in < a year.

However, it pays super and my partner doesn't have a super account having never worked, so wondering if anyone has any recommendations?

Myself, I have a commonwealth super fund I can't touch and some industry one with $2000 in it dating back to my tutoring days that never seems to go up so neither of those are much use for recommending :)

I am with WestScheme, who got bought out by Australian Super. Both seem to be reasonable on fees and returns. (In saying that, there will be plenty of people who know a lot more than me answering you very shortly)

I may be wrong on this, but I thought I read that a person that doesn't normally qualify for an industry fund, may do so via a marriage/defacto partner.

I've probably misinterpreted it, but it may be worth enquiring about.

Perhaps have a read of a site like Canstar to gain an understanding of fees and investment options within the different funds.
Trouble is past performance doesn't guarantee future results.

Thing about sites like canstar is, since I know absolutely nothing about super and need to sign up to one TODAY I'm really just happy with any old recommendation of one that isn't awful.

Pft, canstar is useless. You have to look up the individual funds and find out if they have minimums or not. Since when does a super fund need minimums? Sheesh.

BT super for life ( I am a westpac customer). I have a small amount in this and its linked with my other accounts. If I was investing more I would a financial planner as the options seem overwhelming.

Thing about sites like canstar is, since I know absolutely nothing about super and need to sign up to one TODAY I'm really just happy with any old recommendation of one that isn't awful.

OK Last time I went through the process of selecting a fund on behalf of my son I chose Australian Super.

My personal super is with LG super,
However I believe it is only for Government employees?

For my Employees I have always gone Sunsuper

Hah, looks like a coin toss between sunsuper and australian super :)

Thanks guys!

I can see us *not* paying out the mortgage fast though, and ending up with toys instead. Or not. We'll see. This is the first time we've actually been formally employed, rather than simply freelancing and sending an invoice at the end. OMGsuper!

i compared most of the industry funds amd went with eneegy super, theyhad the lowest fees. Everything is just in cash waiting to start smsf so not too fussed on past performance

Back