Swapping a property - tax implications?

I'm wondering if there is stamp duty, CGT or any other tax duty involved in swapping a unit or a house. Does anyone have any experience in this?

Best regards,

alba

Are you intending to swap legally or simply giving each other the right to occupy? The latter would save a lot more hassles, fees and taxes for non value add people in the chain like banks and ATO. How did you find your swapee? Been trying to find a good site with decent properties to swap for longer than 2 weeks but struggling to find anything.

Are you intending to swap legally or simply giving each other the right to occupy? The latter would save a lot more hassles, fees and taxes for non value add people in the chain like banks and ATO. How did you find your swapee? Been trying to find a good site with decent properties to swap for longer than 2 weeks but struggling to find anything.

Funny you should mention that as the reason for my question was that I am thinking of starting a website but first I should get familiar with these legal and accounting issues. Any advice would be appreciated. Of course I can ask my accountant but they are not very forthcoming with answers to some of the complex questions I have.

Hi Alba, How you going with this little project? Any luck with your questions? I have put some thought into this also from a financial perspective but probably best not to post all the ideas in public, just in case my mates from the Assets Taking Organisation are sniffing around and looking to spoil the party.

Back