[SYD] IT Support Technician - Entry Level

Hi All, I am hiring an entry level IT technician, thought I would post it here in case any members have a child who has finished TAFE etc and wanting to start a career in IT.

It is entry level, so the real requirement is a genuine interest in IT and attention to detail/willingness to learn.

IT Support Technician - Entry Level

Integrix is an IT Support provider working with the SME and mid-tier clients providing IT support, outsourcing and consulting. We are located in Norwest Business Park with clients across the north shore, north-west and western Sydney.

We are seeking an entry level IT Support Technician to provide helpdesk and onsite support to our clients.

This is an entry level position ideal for a recent TAFE IT or training graduate. But its not a call centre or boring repetitive work - every day has something new, and the ideal candidate is someone with a passion for technology and who is keen to learn, grow and be trained in new technologies.

Previous work experience or personal projects would be highly regarded, please let us know what you have done in the past that makes you proud.

Day to day activities will include

Taking support calls from clients and resolving/escalating them as required
Monitoring client equipment and system logs
Hardware and software support for our clients including desktops, laptops and internet/email
Configuration of new PC's and laptops ready to install
Installing new equipment onsite
Creating new users and email accounts
Processing faulty returns and warranty process
Assisting with project work as needed

Skills in the following area are a plus but not a prerequisite as training will be provided where needed

Use of a helpdesk system
Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2011 - Basic exposure such as adding new users and joining computers to a domain
Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010 - Basic exposure such as making new mailboxes
Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7
Microsoft Office Suites
Lotus Notes
Internet access such as ASDL, 3G, modems and routers

Applicants must also have:

Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Patience with customers who have limited technical skills
A positive and friendly attitude
Strong attention to detail
Be a quick learner
The ability to think logically and solve problems accurately
A team player with an ability to be a self-starter and work autonomously

You will require a manual drivers license with a company vehicle provided for onsite work. You will also be provided with a laptop and mobile phone. You must be prepared to occasionally work outside of business hours when required. Some interstate travel may also be required.

This is an excellent opportunity to grow with the company and learn new technologies such as Windows Servers, VMWare and Cisco. A salary of 35-45k + super will be negotiated depending on previous experience and skills, with regular reviews and scope to increase as you grow.

To Apply

Please email [email protected] with a cover letter and resume. Also feel free to ask questions here or via PM.

As this is an entry level role, we welcome you to list any personal projects, work experience or computing/network projects you have undertaken to show us that you are bright eyed and keen!

Great ad... hope you find someone.
I was thinking of a friend's son, who spends alot of time/ money on rebuilding computers. But he's only 14! Maybe in a few years!!

If I think of anyone else, I'll let them know.

Back