Sydney CBD - Predictions / Areas to Invest

Hi Guys,

What are your thoughts on Sydney City CBD area? I'm thinking World Square area due the influx of asian immigration.

According to the Economist we have a huge bubble bound to pop, but judging by overseas cities it would appeal our income to city prices isn't anywhere near as bad as other asian neighbours so Sydney city should continue to be a prime spot for people to migrate too who can't afford the difference of income/property in places like Shanghai

Also looking at sales data from the past 20yrs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_property_bubble "Between 1998 and 2008 inflation was about 36%[8] and property prices increased by more than 300% in all capital cities except Melbourne (up 280%) and Sydney (up 180%)." there use to be a much wider gap between the other capital cities in Australia and Sydney was priced a lot higher but these days it's not significantly higher so is it a good time to buy? Will the parody return and Sydney once again lift off to race a head of the other cities and is it currently undervalued?

If so which area's of Sydney CBD would be best to invest in? Where to avoid? Will the new construction around Ultimo/UTS stablize any growth due to all the new dwellings

Thanks in advance for any input!

Cheers

I've heard that some unit blocks in the city neat Chinatown (including World Square) have many people sharing 2 bedroom apartments (mostly students on student visas). Bunks in each bedroom with up to 4 people per bedroom.

The rent would be good.The wear and tear on the unit (bathroom/kitchen/lounge room/carpets etc) would not be good.

I've heard that some unit blocks in the city neat Chinatown (including World Square) have many people sharing 2 bedroom apartments (mostly students on student visas). Bunks in each bedroom with up to 4 people per bedroom.

The rent would be good.The wear and tear on the unit (bathroom/kitchen/lounge room/carpets etc) would not be good.

Once you have a body corporate that is switched on (or neighbours for that matter) then you'll be in trouble.

yeah and the chinese punters are owning the venues and throwing money at your MMA fights for you to dance and do your thing.

Last edited:
Back