Sydney Inner City Terrace

Hi all,

I've just purchased a 3 level inner city terrace. It needs a lot of work done to it, currently it's configured as three studio apartments with individual kitchenette and small bath/show, the rough dimensions are 26sqm for the bottom floor, 24sqm for the ground floor and 32sqm for the first floor.

Each level has their own secure entry/door.

There is a terrace rooftop as well - which I'm planning on resealing/waterproofing the roof and using this as an outdoor area.

Would you suggest that I keep the existing configuration or modifying this to become a two apartment or single terrace? I have no short term plans to live in it, so it'll be purely from a rental perspective (potentially capital gains if it arises).

Look forward to hearing your ideas!

I'm leaning towards keeping the existing configuration as 3 separate studio apartments, redoing the kitchen, bath and flooring. This should be able to achieve about $220 per apartment rental. The roofing will need to be redone as well. Renting these out will help with the cashflow.

I'll have a look at a point in the future to put structural changes through and go through the da process, as I can imagine getting an approval will take a quite some time.

Back