Sydney is world's best city - again

awesome place and if I had friends and family there I could happily stay in Sydney, however it is just too far from the major wealth of the world... impossible to beat London on that score. If I want lifetyle I'll stay in Perth, if I want bucks I'll head to London. Great to have an aussie city scoring so well!

And my vote is that Townsville is better'n Cairns. (In spite of the fact that it isn't on Qantas or Channel 9's maps). LOL

In Townsville there is no debate, it is never even mentioned. Cairns is phissed. LOL

It's all yours !

We note the survey was the result of people who don't live there !!

LL
PS 27 years in Brissy (too darned hot) , 8 years in Sydney (too sticky, too busy) , 21 years in Melbourne (..ahhhh just right !)

And my vote is that Townsville is better'n Cairns. (In spite of the fact that it isn't on Qantas or Channel 9's maps). LOL

In Townsville there is no debate, it is never even mentioned. Cairns is phissed. LOL

Perhaps my memories of townsville are a bit out-of-date, but I remember it as being a hot hole suitable only for a defence base (such that they are aclimatised to hte worlds worst conditions ) :p:D

Perhaps my memories of townsville are a bit out-of-date, but I remember it as being a hot hole suitable only for a defence base (such that they are aclimatised to hte worlds worst conditions ) :p:D
And the worst thing is everytime you look up there is always that Castle Hill
, can't get away from it !

Just got back from a long weekend staying at the shangri-la courtesy of my Uncle Roger over from England/Cyprus and having stayed in a beautiful room overlooking the opera house and watching the life on and around the harbour I can't imagine anything better, Roger has travelled extensively and to him it is right up there. Lived in Melbourne too and nothing about it excited me.

THE weather has been rubbish, the hospitals are crook, the trains are late and crowded, and housing prices are through the roof.

Yet Sydney still sparkles in the eyes of more than 10,000 people in 20 countries who have rated it the world's best city for the second year in a row.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/travel/sydney-is-worlds-best-city--again/2008/03/01/1204227048802.html

Actually, Sydney weather is good compared to some other places :)
You should see what's been happening in other states and overseas...:eek:

Anyway, what we need is a few more roads and some more train lines
and both are on the cards.

The Hospital system is a federal Government neglect issue, NSW Hospitals actually aren't too bad compared to other states. The lack of hospital staff is a nationwide problem.

I can't complain about Housing prices, I think they are where they should be. :D
The problem IMO is the interest rates. :eek:

Finally, we should remember that we have a large population base and it's increasing so there will be more cars on the roads, more people on trains, more people in the shops, hospitals etc.

Cheers

Back